Koca-Soda

(Y/N) woke up to the smell of hot dogs and piss... Hmm... New York.

"New York?" (Y/N) asked out loud without realizing, he also felt a certain weight on top of him.

He craned his neck upwards to see the familiar tuft of blonde hair that he had grown used to for so many years before having to adjust to not seeing them.

A smile formed on his face no matter how mad he actually was at her.

THIS BITCH SNORES.

'Don't call her a bitch.' 

WHATEVER...

"Gwen..." He lightly tapped her forehead, this always used to work in the past.

Gwen squirmed on top of him, before stretching and taking a more comfortable position, her hands moving to hug the boy.

ALRIGHT ENOUGH OF THIS, HAVE SOME SELF RESPECT BOY!

The symbiote forcefully removed the two of them, throwing Gwen towards the far end of the room... roof?

When (Y/N)'s vision was freed from the bounds of Gwen's hair, he saw the open sky that stood above them.

"Where are we?" (Y/N) asked the symbiote, he had picked up quite a habit of talking to the thing. 

STILL NEW YORK, NO WAY IT'S NOT... THERE'S NO PLACE AS STINKY AS THIS.

"We agree on that." (Y/N) ignored the girl trying to reach out for a non existent pillow. "Looks like Harlem."

"Hmm... come back to bed babe..." Gwen said absentmindedly, reaching her hand out for (Y/N)'s heat.

"There's no bed, Gwen." (Y/N) said, as he heard Gwen's yawning.

 She sat up on the concrete rooftop, only now realizing how hard it was.

"We're somewhere in Harlem." It was almost as if he could read her mind.

"The... portal must've knocked us back out here. I-" She stopped herself once she noticed he was not looking at her. "...I thought that was our last moment together."

"Me too." He still wasn't looking at her.

"(Y/N)... I know... I know I was wrong for doing that..." Gwen started, she had rehearsed this apology a million times over in her head, yet it had all gone out the window the moment she began.

"Gwen... Just... don't." (Y/N)'s words stung her, like pins dropping onto her heart with every syllable.

"Alright... I'll drop it for now." She felt the heavy wall between the two of them, this was her doing. 

"Let's..." (Y/N) let out a big sigh and finally turned to face her, his eyes possessing a hardiness which she had never seen before. A more natural smile then came onto his face. "Go back home and relax."

____

As they swung through the city, the usual conversation that would take place in their many sessions was absent.

"How is... the crime?" Gwen asked, trying to break the ice.

"Like crime." (Y/N) answered, not leaving much room for natural growth of conversing.

The awkwardness just became even more pointed, making Gwen cringe underneath her mask.

The rest of the swing was spent in quiet contemplation on both of their parts, even their swinging had gone out of sync, that's how bad it was.

(Y/N) and Gwen landed on the roof of the apartment facing their own, and took off their masks.

 "What the hell..." (Y/N) said out loud.