Pregnant Pauses

May 2016, Lagos

The streets were bustling as was the usual, Lagos was a pretty populated place.

At least Pietro was having fun, he was off to the side, chatting with two local women.

Wanda and Natasha sat nearby, in a cafe adjacent to where Pietro was standing.

"Pietro, Focus!" Wanda shouted under her breath as she stirred her coffee.

"I'm sorry ladies... I have some work to do... We'll meet up after this?" Pietro smirked and started to walk away before he even had an answer.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" Natasha asked, stirring her coffee mindlessly, while her eyes watched out for any threats.

"We have an agreement," Pietro smirked again as he blended into the crowd by playing the act of a mindless tourist.

"He's a pig." Wanda shook her head.

"Heads up. We can discuss Pietro's admittedly bad life choices later." Steve watched Lagos from the comforts of a hotel room, but he was the only one besides Sam who was in full suit.

"It's not 1940 anymore, Old Man." Pietro scoffed.

"Nah, don't try to justify your weird relationship, 'Tro." Sam shook his head, standing atop the hotel Cap was in, his vantage point secure.

Cap ignored the banter as he saw a garbage truck recklessly drive through the streets, almost hitting pedestrians, "Sam... see that garbage truck? Tag it."

Sam immediately got to work, pressing a few buttons on his bracers as his trusty little bot detached from his back and flew towards the truck.

"Seriously, It's not weird. People do this all the time." Pietro defended himself.

"Shh!" Wanda shut her brother up, "Focus on the mission, we'll discuss later how you became a disappointment."

Pietro grumbled but finally kept quiet.

"I got it, Cap, the truck's fully loaded and the driver is armed, something's wrong." Sam relayed the information from his bot.

"Go now." Cap immediately ordered.

"It's a battering ram," Natasha explained to the inexperienced twins.

"He's not hitting the police," Cap explained further as he quickly donned his helmet and got ready for battle.

"What?" Wanda asked, confused, but Pietro was already on the case.

He removed his jacket and primed himself to sprint.

A moment later he was gone.

_____

Crossbones walked into the Institute For Infectious Diseases, just as Pietro arrived at the scene, a dozen armed militia standing in his way... with more on the way by the look of things.

"Alright. You want to play?" Pietro crouched low, just as the militia started firing bullets at him, "Let's play."

Time slowed down as the bullets stopped in their tracks... well they slowed down extremely to be more specific.

This was something he had just learned to do, and it was thanks to the Avengers training him.

Man, he would forever be thankful to (Y/N) for saving his life... or else he wouldn't be here.

His thoughts ran wild as he slowly approached the shouting guards, he first collected all the bullets and turned them towards the sky.

Then he went about creatively arranging the militia in ways he thought funny, even including a guy humping another guy.