Funerals

"Who the hell are you?" The woman asked.

Gwen stared at her dumbfounded for a second. The first thing she noticed about this woman was just how beautiful she was. She had violet eyes that frankly looked unnatural.

And then she noticed her clothes, which looked more expensive than their house. Were those real diamonds that studded the collar of her suit?

"What?" The woman's attitude though left a lot to be desired.

And then she finally realized, why this woman looked so beautiful to her... She practically looked like a female version of her fiance!

But the attitude still irked her in the wrong way.

"Who are you?" Gwen asked, narrowing her eyes.

The woman scoffed and shoved her aside before walking into their home.

"Hey!" Gwen shouted and closed the door behind them as she followed her.

_____

(Y/N) was on his phone, the duvet only covering the lower half of his body when the door to their bedroom flew open with force.

"Who was it, Gwe..." (Y/N) trailed off when he saw someone he never thought he would see again.

His mother.

"Cover yourself." She snapped her fingers and looked away, a look of disgust spreading across her face.

Gwen was right on her heels and pushed her back to enter the room, shielding (Y/N) with her body.

Gwen stared at her, a bit annoyed.

"He'd be able to change if you walked out the door." She stated.

(Y/N)'s mother actually did listen to Gwen, scoffing as she stepped out.

"What the fuck?" (Y/N) wondered out loud.

_____

A moment later, the two stepped out of their bedroom, (Y/N) in a tank top and sweatpants, and Gwen in one of (Y/N)'s T-shirts and track shorts.

The T-shirt completely engulfed her, acting more like a dress than a tee.

(Y/N) would've found it extremely cute had he not been completely blindsided by his mother's appearance.

Speaking of... She was currently leaning by their dining table, a half-smoked cigarette in between her fingers.

"You can't smoke in her." (Y/N) walked towards her and grabbed the cigarette forcefully from her, throwing it out the window.

She stood up straight and scoffed at his indignation. "I see the time apart from me has not done wonders for your manners."

"Shut up." (Y/N) clapped back almost instantly, his eyes narrowed.

"That's no way to speak to your mother." She narrowed her eyes in kind.

"You aren't my mother, Bastet." (Y/N)'s muscles hardened in anger.

Gwen — Who snapped herself out of the sudden revelation — walked up to (Y/N) and held him, bringing him back and in the process, calmed him down.

The woman's eyes flashed with sadness for but a moment at (Y/N)'s proclamation before the usual venom in them was restored.

Then she eyed Gwen with suspicion, judging her appearance.

"Who's this?" Bastet asked (Y/N), leaning on the table again, crossing her arms while at it.

It was Gwen's turn to get annoyed now, "Excuse me? I can speak for myself."

She huffed her chest out, "I'm Gwen, (Y/N)'s Fiance."