Idol Romance

Affie Jade

"Jimin," I called my boyfriend of three years who had been talking with his high school crush, Kelly Fizz, for the last fifteen minutes as if I didn't exist right beside him. They both joined the same agency and she did rise to fame but not as much as the boys. She moved to an agency in America and she bloody had to return when I was ready to celebrate the night of his successful single album. 

"Jimin." I snapped at him unaware of the dozen pairs of eyes watching my man talk so animatedly and carrying a crisp irate expression at the intrusion of his sexy spell. Oh, yeah, the crowd was full of girls who were throwing daggers at me. And one of the honed blades was trying to cut me into threads and that was Jelly Fizz. 

Jelly Fizz was intentional!

"Yes, Effie! Do you need something?" I saw the anger waves rolling off so strongly. He used that tone that gets on my nerves every time he uses it on me.

Yes, I fucking need you to stop prioritising your former crush as if she was the golden girl you had been waiting to return to your life and I'm not the side chick you used to mop and in. her absence.

I stared at him blankly, unable to get the words out of my throat and hoped he would see the red flaming in my eyes and take in the caution of, stay away from the bitch standing so close to you.  

Today was one of the nights when my handsome and sweet boyfriend had rented his usual eyes to someone on the streets and came with his alien eyes that couldn't take up not-so-subtle hints of his annoyed girlfriend. 

"Can you grab a drink for me?" I spoke to code after a long minute of contemplating and I swear I saw the indignation of foam clouds swirling in his gaze waiting to rain hell on me before he gripped his cool in check and politely excused himself to get my drink. 

Decoded code: Get away from the girls if you don't want to end up on the couch tonight.

"Are you his stylist?"

"Don't you think she is too plain Jane to be his stylist? She could be his mom's friend. Annyeonghaseyo Ajumma," Jelly Fizz mocked me in front of the girlies of the Hey-Jimin-squad. 

"Too bad Jelly Fizz, your eyesight is as bad as a rotten egg. I'm his baby girl. I touch him more than a stylist ever will." I winked at the gasping shit-looking girlies of the Jelly Fizz squad. They wanted a duel and I wanted to give them a worthwhile try.

"Are you his girlfriend?" The girl beside the Jelly Fizz couldn't hide her disgust or discomfort. But I was glad for the baby girl glue working on keeping Jelly Fizz's shit-hole mouth closed. 

"You think he'll grab a drink for any girl he walks in with?" Jimin's reputation in the industry was well known. He never dated girls and entertained them in any way. Date or not, he was not really into entertaining them in any way. 

My statement made them recoil visibly and make a gagging expression as if I forced monkey pukes into their nose and mouth.

That bitch!

"Never knew he was into older women with used goods. Aren't you going to pick up your kids from kindergarten? I hope their father knows you ditch them for fancy parties like this."

"Jiminie is worth it all. Are your plastic goods still functioning well? A few months ago I saw the viral photos of Jelly Fizz's botox swollen face. Hope the poppers you are waiting to swing into my boyfriend's face don't burst. And as a matter of fact, he likes real women. Not plastic." After giving her my brutal blows of her nasty past I went to where my boyfriend was. He was with the boys cheering on the success of his album.