Idol Romance

Happiest birthday to Jaan_e_Jahan
I hope you have fantabulous life ahead!

Ava Micheal

"The book recommendations you made last time we were out of the world. Aaron ruled out any entity that existed for me." Tara rambled about the book recommendation I made the last time she visited the bookstore. 

She couldn't stop gushing at how the male lead possessed all the traits that would take a toll on the female population, his charm oozing out of his every breath. "You are the best, Ava. I swear all these authors who weren't on the best-seller spell earlier and now have blockbusters should pay you for the way you promote their books in your cafe. The colour-coded highlights and the pleasant theme you switch for your characters in your cafe, that's just awesome!"

"Stop it, Tara. You do this every single time once you are done with your series." I laughed at her funny tactics of bidding me around the corner for something even more social. I know where the talk was leading and I let her carry on without giving it away. Of course, she was quiet for two weeks now.

"No, Ava, listen to me! We can open our Instagram page where people will come to know about your recommendations and damn, your bookstore and your cafe will be a super hit. YOU WILL BE A CELEBRITY, AVA! YOU WILL BE POPULAR!"

"Stop it, Tara." I walked out with the stack of books in my hands that were handed over after the borrow. Walking around the stack in a memorised manner I had Tara tail me with each step. 

"BABE, THERE IS A GOOD CHANCE WE HIT THE RED CARPET, ENTER HOLLYWOOD, AND BECOME BILLIONAIRES!"

"Tara, you need to get home and get ready for the party. The girl's shift will be over by 9 so it's time you take on. You are quite high in your books so don't dare enter the clubs after you are done at Mrs. Charles' birthday party. Send me your location after reaching home. And that's in the next two hours."

"Don't be a spoilsport, Ava!" She whined but I fixed her with a stern glare before she complied, grabbed her phone and jacket from the table and started walking out to her apartment. 

"I'll miss you, though you are a meanie!" She hollered through the door and ambled her way out. I let my eyes rest on the door she disappeared into before I stretched my limbs and got back to work.

Putting the books on the stack back in an orderly manner I walked to the backdoor that connected the bookstore and cafe. 

"I hope you all had a wonderful day, girls." I greeted Lucy, Jane and Meera who were getting ready to leave.

"Didn't you still change your mind?" Lucy asked me with her puppy dog eyes. 

"You own her favourite cafe. If you come this time, she can make a reveal for you and we will be a hit." Jane rambled the way, reminding me of someone I forced out of the door a few minutes back. 

"Jane is right, Ava. I agree we make enough profit this way, but we can create a milestone in your business." I smiled at their success-hungry faces looking at me with expectation. They didn't know why I hated publicity or the limelight. And I preferred my dark past buried underneath.

"I'm comfortable here and Mrs Charles knows me well enough. And mind you, our customers would miss us if we close too soon." Mrs Charles was our regular customer who also happens to be an international celebrity. The late thirties woman was a singer and she was attached to me through our themed cafe. And she gradually developed admiration for my simplicity.