eleven

"this is stupid." Makenna stated, as she paced around the room, "it was one nightmare. i've been fine for months. but, one measly nightmare sends me back to therapy."

"i'm sorry, Makenna. i don't make the rules." Dr. Raynor shrugged, as the girl cracked the window and took a hit of her vape, "i thought we talked about the vaping." "we did, and i ignored you." Makenna replied, truthfully.

"Makenna, you will get nowhere if you deliberately ignore my professional medical advice." Raynor said, as she jotted notes down in her book. "okay, i didn't ignore it, i forgot you said it." Makenna lied, as she hit her vape again.

"moving on, tell me what's new in your life. anything that could be having an effect on your mental state?" Raynor asked, as. Makenna finally closed the window and sat down on the couch in front of her therapist. "no." Makenna shook her head.

"i understand you just recently went through a huge fight with people you consider your family." Dr. Rayor reminded the girl. "that was months ago." Makenna corrected, "everything is fine now. everyone is home."

"that doesn't mean you aren't just now receiving the psychological effects of that." Raynor replied, making Makenna roll her eyes. "this is stupid." Makenna muttered, as she crossed her arms and brought her knees up to her chest.

"okay." the doctor sighed, "what was the nightmare about?" "the same thing it's always about. i'm back there, and their poking and prodding at me." Makenna recalled. "poking and prodding, really Makenna? they toured you for two months." Raynor stated.

"same thing." Makenna shrugged, as she picked at her fingernails. "no, there's actually a huge difference." Raynor corrected, and then looked back to her notebook.

the room went quiet while Dr. Raynor wrote, and Makenna just looked around the room. it looked the same. her desk in the same place. the couch in the same place.

it had been a little over a year since Makenna had gone to therapy. she expected the room to look different. to smell different. but it didn't. it was exactly the same, in a weirdly comforting way.

"i've been informed that you are currently seeing someone." Raynor stated, finally looking up from her notebook. "no." Makenna lied. "Makenna, lying will get you nowhere." Dr. Raynor reiterated.

"how many times are you gonna say that?" Makenna asked, becoming increasingly stand-offish, "cause it's becoming really annoying." "until you stop lying. it's the truth, Makenna. if you keep lying i can't help you." the doctor replied.

Makenna just rolled her eyes, and Dr. Raynor asked again, "so, who are you seeing? is it a relationship? is it just sex? cause i'm aware that-" the door opened, and Makenna's head snapped to it. "oh, i'm sorry." the man said as the door opened.

Makenna held her breath, and shifted in her seat, as she saw who was at the door. it was Bucky. the two hadn't talked since the night of Makenna's nightmare, and that was a week ago. Makenna finally figured out that Bucky was deliberately avoiding her as best as he could, and she wasn't sure why.

"what's wrong, James?" Dr. Raynor asked, as he just looked at the brunette on the couch. "i, uhm, i need to reschedule." Bucky replied, finally pulling his eyes from Makenna.

"okay. how about monday?" she asked, glancing down at her book and back at him. "yeah." Bucky nodded, looking back at Makenna for a split second. after the confirmation of the appointment, Bucky closed the door behind him.

"that was him." Dr. Raynor stated, looking to Makenna. "no. no, it wasn't." Makenna lied. "it was. something happened between you two." Raynor nodded, once again looking down to write in her book.