Bingos Nightmare

Nick

I couldn't sleep, as I was too nervous, mum and dad told me that I'd be going to Blueys school tomorrow to see if I'd like to rejoin. It was so stressful I just didn't want tomorrow to come.

As I stayed awake, I looked out the window to the beautiful scenery. Our house was atop a hill, where you could see most of Brisbane from here.

I went to grab a glass of water when mum and dad saw me.

"Hey bud, you should be in bed ya know" dad told me, "Yea sweetie, is something the matter?"

I sat down next to them, "I guess I'm just nervous, but I was trying to sleep and started to feel a cough coming on. I came down to get a drink of water, if that's alright." I told them.

"Oh honey of course, but what are you nervous about?" Mum asked as dad went into the kitchen to fetch my glass.

"School, I don't know how the others kids will react to seeing me, a 15 year old in a 7 year old class." I said, mum gave me reassurance on the whole ordeal, and after my glass of water, I was back in bed.

Bingo had been a little stirry tonight, and now she was squirming a bit. I looked at the pup, wondering if she was having a bad dream.

"Bingo? Are you awake?" I whispered, she didn't answer. I got down from my bed and approached her, the pup was having a bad dream.

I pet her head a bit and she seemed to calm down, "Shh Bingo it's okay, big brother is right here." I whispered to the small heeler, she seemed to calm pretty quickly.

I went to bed and before I knew it I was out, until I was shook awake. I opened my eyes to see a little red heeler standing next to my bed, it was Bingo.

"Bingo? You alright?" I asked, she was tearing up, and I hugged her out of instinct.

"Bluey... Doesn't love me anymore..." Bingo stated, her dream must have had something to do with this.

"Bingo, I promise you that isn't true, you just had a bad dream." I said to my little sister, "It was all fake Bingo, I promise you. Why don't you sleep with me for the night?" Asked her, she climbed right in.

"Bingo, Bluey loves you, you know she does, right?" I asked the heeler, "Yes... I'm sorry my dream made you wake up..." Bingo said sad.

"Bingo sis, I'm not mad at you. I honestly am happy you came to me, you did well to not hurt yourself by keeping it secret." I told her, she seemed to lighten up at my words of encouragement.

"Thank you Nick... Love you." Bingo snuggled up to me, god she was adorable.

"Love you too Bingo, now get some rest, we have a long day ahead of us." I told the already sleeping heeler.

I will protect my sisters, always.