Rusty Gets Jealous

Mackenzie

Ya know... I do love that I'm finally on a date with Bluey, but something just feels... Wrong.

As we left the restaurant, Bluey and I saw a red figure approaching us. It's was Rusty.

"Yo Rust! What's up ma-" Rusty struck me with all he had, "DAMN YOU MACKENZIE! I TOLD YOU NOT TO!"

I got up flustered, Bluey tried to stop Rusty.

"Rusty stop! What's this about?" She screamed, "I told you to stay away from Bluey! You dumb mother fucker!" Rusty seemed like he was drunk. He looked like he'd been crying for hours.

"R-Rusty Mate, let's calm down, are you drunk right now?" I asked him, just wanting to help.

"So what!? You didn't care about me then, why care now!?" Rusty was hurt, he knew that Bluey made her choice but got upset with me not knowing how to handle it.

"Bluey, call Nick. We need to get Rusty home safely." I told her, Nick swung by while Rusty and I continued to argue.

"Rusty I'm sorry you are hurt mate, but Bluey made her choice!" I told him, "She wouldn't of had to if you'd done what I asked!" He tried hitting me again, but lost his balance and fell.

"Rusty, we need to get you home." I picked him up, he threw himself off me.

"Let go of me you bastard!" He swung again, missing me entirely.

He curled into a ball and started to cry. Nick finally came back with Bluey and grabbed Rusty.

Nick

"Rusty Mate, how ya holding up?" I asked, he was just sitting there, he looked empty minded.

"I hate this Nick, I shouldn't have let Bluey go..." He started to vent to me why he let Bluey go before.

"I had someone text me this message, I got scared and needed to save Bluey... So I let her go."

The message read, 'If you do not break up with Bluey... I'll kill her just to spite you.'

"What in dogs name?" I asked, he shook his head. "No clue, seemed to be someone who knew Bluey though, but it couldn't have been Kenzie... Could it?"

"I doubt it, he cares for Bluey just as you do." I told him, he seemed to calm down a bit.

"Then why did I listen?" He asked, "Because you cared for Bluey, and let her go so she could live."

"I'm sorry things didn't work out Rust, but it ain't getting overwhelmed about." I told him, "Easy for you to say-" "No... It's not."

"Huh?"

"Rusty... I once was with a dog too, she was an amazing girl, but she left me for another dog that was supposedly better. I hate myself to this day for that."

"I just... I wish I never had let her go..."

Rusty began to break down, his started to hit himself over and over, causing bruises. I stopped the car and held him so he couldn't do so, but the Kelpy fought against me, shoving me off.

Rusty ran from the car to the lake, looked down the cliff edge for the water, and jumped.