Shattered Hearts

It's been a few weeks now since Bingo started Homeschool and Bluey got with Rusty. Bingo has been much happier having me by her side while doing her work, but Bluey and Rusty seem to be drifting away from one another. Rusty talked to me one day telling me he doesn't think it's working out. They still care for each other but he feels like the 'love' they felt was temporary.

Bluey had the same problem, but didn't know how to explain it. I told her she needed to talk to Rusty about this, and she invited him over to talk.

I heard the doorbell and opened it to see Rusty. "Hey Mate, Bluey here?" He asked, "Yea Man, Bluey come down please!" I yelled up, she came down.

"Rusty, can we talk?" Bluey asked, "S-sure Bluey." They sat down and Bluey began.

"Rusty... I am not sure I can keep going with this, it seems we keep drifting away from each other. What's been wrong? Is it just me?" She asked.

"No Bluey, it's not." Rusty responded, "I've been feeling the same, maybe we are too young to know what real love is yet." He said, Bluey just stared at him.

"Bluey... I think it's best to let each other go..." He hugged her, and Bluey started to cry. "I'm sorry if you don't feel the same Bluey... But maybe it's for the best, you deserve to be happy."

"I'll be okay Rusty, I feel the same way, I just... The thought of losing a relationship is..." Bluey stopped, "I don't know..."

"I'm sorry Bluey, Still friends?" Rusty asked, "I... I'm sorry, I can't." Bluey ran upstairs and began to cry, Bingo followed her and comforted her.

"Did I do something wrong?" Rusty asked me, "Not at all, it's just a hard thing to go through, I'm surprised you aren't crying yourself." I told him, "Oh I am... I definitely am." He said, "This hurts more than anything, but if it's not working out we can't force it."

"That's true... I'm sorry Rusty, but you should be with your loved ones right now. It's best, I'll drive ya home." I told him. "Okay Nick, thanks for being so calm about it." He told me, "Always Rusty, you didn't try to hurt Bluey, but you trued to give her second chances at things, even if it meant breaking up." I reassured him, "You did good for yourself and Bluey... It was the right thing to do."

As we pulled up, Rusty said one more thing, "Thanks Nick, stay safe."

"You too Rusty."

I drove back home to find Bluey and Bingo together on the couch now. Bluey was still crying.

"C'mere Bluey..." I said holding my arms out for the Blue heeler. She dashed straight to me. "Why... Why does it hurt? I thought we wanted this?" She asked me, I didn't have much of an explanation rather than, "Maybe you guys do love each other, but for now, maybe it's best to wait."

"O-okay Nick..." She answered, having hope that their relationship could be salvaged. The Blue heeler rushed to mum and dad and told them what happened and was hugged by both.

"I'm sorry Bluey..." Mum said to her daughter, "Hey Kiddo, you alright?" Dad asked as they released the hug, "I-I don't know... We wanted to end things, but it just hurts..."

Bluey was so torn about it... She really did love Rusty, didn't she?