Bingo Helps Nick

Nick

After talking to mum and dad, we agreed to tell the girls that I may need some space now. They didn't seem to mind, as they understood my struggle. I have been in my room, reading books and logs on different cities, for several days. Bingo and Bluey started to worry about me, and today was no different.

Bingo stayed home today, as she missed a class trip due to a doctor's appointment, she was bummed, but happy that she was just at home.

I heard the little pitter-patter of the small heeler approaching my room, she knocked on the door.

"N-nick?" She asked, "Yes Bingo? Is everything alright?" I responded.

I went to the door and Bingo stood in front of me, "Are you okay?" She asked, "Oh Bingo, yes sis I'm okay." I said picking up my small heeler sister.

"Nick, if you aren't okay... It okay." She said nudging me.

Truth was, I was hurt, I trusted someone, and they broke me. This wasn't a normal person, but someone I felt I had a strong connection with. My heart was crushed.

"B-bingo... I don't want to let you hear my screams and shouts..." I told her, she just put her head in my fur.

"Nick... Please just... Just be okay..." She whined now, my little sister showed more care for me than anyone. This little pup could hear my pain and all she wanted to do was make it disappear.

"Bingo... Are you okay?" I asked her, "Seeing you hurt Nick... It hurts me." She told me.

I just held Bingo in my arms for a few minutes, before returning to my bed with her, she was still snuggling me as we laid down.

I don't know why, but the comfort of family... It made me cry, knowing I could express myself fully, it felt natural.

"It's okay Nick, I'm here." Bingo just held herself close to me, while I cried my eyes out holding her.

"Bingo... I'm sorry." I said in between sobs.

"There isn't anything to be sorry about Nick, crying makes the pain go away." She told me, "Now let's go get a choccy milk." She grabbed my arm and led me to the kitchen, where mum and dad were.

"Mum, dad, can Nick have a glass of milk please?" She asked politely. "Yes honey, but why are you-" mum saw me, "oh honey... C'mere." She had me in a hug now, while Dad and bingo prepared the drink.

Bingo carefully handed me my milk, and gestured me down to her level.

My little sister gave me a peck on the cheek, "Hope this helps Nick." Bingo said to me.

"It does Bingo... It does." I told the heeler as she walked towards the trampoline.

"Nick, come with me." She said. I followed in instinct.

The kid brought me to the tramp, where we laid down under the sun together.

"Nick, I'm sorry you are hurt... I want to help, I hope I am." She told me, "Bingo, you have done the best thing I could have asked for." I told her,

"Thank you"