Trouble of the Red and Blue

Nick

Rusty's been staying with us for about a week now, he's returned to school, and now it was the weekend. I walked upstairs to hear a bit of rustling in Blueys room, noticing I hadn't seen Rusty since we all got home, I figured the were playing another game with Bingo.

"Hey Nick! Whatcha doing?" Bingo had stepped into the hall from the bathroom, "Wait if you're out here, are Bluey and Rusty alone?" I asked her. "Yea?" She told me.

I walked into Bluey and Bingos room to see the two 7 year olds kissing! "Bluey, Rusty! What in the world are you two doing!?" I said, "Playing mums and Dad's Nick! Mum and Dad smoochie kiss all the time!" Bluey responded quickly.

Sometimes I forget they are kids... Holy crap.

"Bluey, Rusty... You can't do that until you are older, that is meant for people who love each other." I told them, "What? But Rusty is my friend!" Bluey said whining.

"Yea mate why not? We are friends ya know!" Rusty gave me a confused look as well, this wasn't gonna be easy.

"Ill be back you three." I told them, I came back with mum and dad. I was hoping they'd have a better explanation than I.

"Bluey, Rusty, you know what a kiss means right?" Mum asked. "Yea! To show... Aff-eecion?" Bluey answered.

"Affection honey" mum replied, "Either way, you two should not be kissing until you are of 13 years of age." Dad said, "But I want to!" Bluey said, "Bluey..." Rusty began, "If they say we are not supposed to, it's best to listen."

"Good on ya Rusty." I told him, "Bluey I understand this, but if it ain't bio family, then it isn't okay at your age, alright kid?" Dad asked her, "Yes Dad." She replied.

"Now that we all understand each other, how about dinner?" Mum asked, "Yes please!" The three younglings answered, "Sorry mum, not up to it atm" I told her, she could sense my uneasiness and patted my shoulder, "If you need to talk honey, just text me."

I stayed in my room whilst everyone ate, I have been having nightmare the past few days about losing Bingo or Bluey in accidents or something...

*Knock knock* "Nick Honey? Can I come in?" Mum asked, she had brought me a small plate of food.

"Yes Mum, you may." I said, taking the plate from my mother's hands, "Thank you..." I said.

"Anyday dear, now tell me, what's going on? These past few days have be-" I had put my plate down and embraced my mum, to which she hugged me back.

"Oh honey... What's wrong?" She asked. "I have been having nightmares about losing you guys... About everything from my last... And other problems." I told her, just then a little red heeler came into view, she was crying again.

"Nicky!" She screamed, hugging me and snuggling my fur, "Bingo? What're you doing ya little Red Bean?" I asked as I patted her head.

"I missed you at dinnertime!" She screamed, "why didn't you join us?" She looked up at me now, I couldn't help but stare into Bingos eyes as she did mine.

"Sorry Bingo... I've been out of it lately, I... I love you." I told her, trying to keep my cool, she held me tighter, "Love you too." She told me, "Could I sleep in your bed tonight Nick? I'm still missing you!" She said, "Even while currently hugging me like a gremlin?" I laughed, she giggled.

"Yea!" She said, "Okay okay! You can then Bingo." I tickled the small heeler until she couldn't laugh anymore, our bond was stronger than ever.

As we got ready for bed, Bingo had a few questions for me.

"Do you have a crush Nick?"

"Nah"

"How is big school?"

"Worrisome"

"Why do my classmates make fun of me?"

"What? Bingo... You class has been mean to you?" I asked, she nodded, "I'll take a day tomorrow, I will come with you and shadow you, I'll make sure you aren't teased." I told my sister.

"Thank you Nick" her little tail wagged around, tickling my chest.

"Ah! You little bean... C'mere!" I said, she laughed, ah... The joys at being a big brother.

"Goodnight Redhead." I told her.

"Goodnight Red light!" She told me.

All is well...