𝐚𝐠𝐚𝐩𝐞

. *. ⋆

❝ 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐢𝐞
𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐨𝐮'𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐟𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞
𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐨 𝐞𝐱𝐢𝐬𝐭 ❞

— unknown

. *. ⋆

✈︎ ✈︎ ✈︎

. *. ⋆

━━━━━
𝐦𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐭
━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞 — flight nurse
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𝐞𝐥𝐨𝐢𝐬𝐞 𝐛𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞 — flight nurse━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 "𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲" 𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 — major
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━𝐣𝐨𝐡𝐧 "𝐛𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐲" 𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐧 — major━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━

. *. ⋆

❝ 𝐢 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐢𝐭 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥𝐬
𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 ❞

— unknown

. *. ⋆

━━━━━
𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲
━━━━━

Eloise Barlowe has spent the last six years of her life training to become one thing— relevant in the medical field. She worked countless days on medical work, perfecting her skills to the best of their ability— she wanted to work in the medical field since she was a child, a young girl full of dreams of becoming the best doctor she could be, always wanting to help people.

Of course, she hadn't expected she'd use her skills on injured war heroes, men who fought against the uprising of Adolf Hitler, doing everything they could to bring the war to his doorstep. She hadn't expected she'd ever volunteer to be a nurse for these men, hadn't expected to be trained to fly war planes in case of emergency transporting duties, and certainly didn't anticipate being placed with the 305th Bomb Group, where she spent months tending to the boys who came back from their missions bloodied, missing limbs, on the verge of death, and once she was skilled enough, instructed to accompany the Bomb Groups on their battles as a Flight Nurse.

Her skills increased during her time there— her skills became much needed at the 100th Bomb Group of the 8th Air Force, where she was moved in the summer of 1943 for their lack of nurses, in particular, flight nurses, which they had none of.

Eloise was skilled in being a flight nurse— she'd been on planes in battle, saving the boys' lives as she attempted to keep her own. She's been on 29 missions, only bailing out on five mid-air as they got shot down— she'd also escaped German soldiers, managing to find her way back to the 305th Bomb Group, but that was an entirely different story.

Upon her arrival with new boys who were stationed to the 100th, Eloise was the only female on board— this effortlessly caught the attention of Major John "Bucky" Egan, who Eloise quickly found to be quite insufferable.

However, through her time with the 100th— making friends and foes— she found that Egan wasn't as insufferable as she originally made him out to be. In fact, he was tolerable. He was also skilled in making her laugh, which he took significant pride in.

Still, the war continued, and with that, so did their relationship— it wasn't easy. There was always the chance of death— always the chance of one of them going down during a fight. There was always the chance that either of the two would succumb to their efforts in the war, leaving their sprouting romance to dry out.

━━━━━
. *. ⋆
━━━━━

!𝐰𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐬!
𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐰𝐢𝐥𝐥 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐧:

death, blood, war
major violence, harsh language, sexism
sexual content

there may be other triggering content, and if there is, i'll put a warning on the chapter!

━━━━━
. *. ⋆

author's note --

before anyone reads this story, i'd like to put it out there that i did research about ww2, as well as how involved women were with the war efforts-- that being said, i'd also like to say that if any of my information is wrong, i do apologize.

i am trying to keep this story historically accurate-- though, again, if i do stray from the historically accurate facts, i'm sorry (i have tried to keep my information historically accurate).

anyways, just a reminder that this is historical fiction (as im adding an oc, eloise)! the 100th bomb group, as well as the members depicted in masters of the air were real people who fought in the war so if that makes you uncomfortable, i suggest you exit the story now!

now, i hope that whoever reads this enjoys! (also i know the quality of the photos of the two are shit, just ignore them)