∣ 006; c a s s i o p e i a

. *. ⋆

Eloise was relieved to be back at Thorpe Abbots. She was able to get much-needed sleep— the moment they landed, the Captain of the hospital sent her to her sleeping quarters, which she was incredibly grateful for.

According to him, she looked to be a zombie— she apparently frightened him upon arrival, and he told her he originally thought she was a different person.

Eloise ignored the rude comment. She wasn't going to pass up free sleep.

She slept for God knows how long.

Over the 72 hours they were at their landing sight, and the ones where they were at the others base, she didn't get nearly as much sleep as her body needed to function properly.

That's why she woke up in the middle of the night, the full moon high in the sky with the constellations painting the night in a beautiful masterpiece.

She groggily sat up from the comfort of her cot, rubbing her eyes as she tried to read the time on her wristwatch. It was half-past three in the morning, which made Eloise let out an annoyed breath of air.

Her stomach growled, a protest of her empty stomach from her lack of eating— she hadn't had a proper meal in over a day now, and now she'd have to wait a good few hours before her breakfast was served.

Eloise ignored her stomach's pleas for food. She needed fresh air— though, she also needed a break from the snoring of one of the girls. The snoring woke her from her deep sleep, and if she was being honest, she wished to still be in the state of sleep because her eyes were extremely heavy.

Carefully, Eloise tugged her shoes over her socks, tying the laces. She didn't bother changing out of her pajamas. She doubted anyone would be awake at this time, and because of that, she also didn't bother to fix her hair which most definitely resembled a rat's nest.

Eloise gripped the door's handle, slowly opening it, wincing as the door creaked with each movement. Luckily, she slipped out and shut it behind her, successfully not waking any of the other girls in the sleeping area.

She stumbled down the steps, sleep still creeping up on her, but she was sure she couldn't handle another minute of snoring.

Eloise was hoping the walk would give her some time to escape the snoring, hoping deep within her whoever was responsible for the noise would stop by the time she returned to finish her night's rest— right now, all Eloise was going to do was find a good spot to lay out and stare up at the stars and moon.

It was surprising to see that there were no clouds in the sky. She knew it had been raining non-stop while they had been gone, so she was happy it had ceased as of now. Eloise wasn't sure what she'd do if it poured on top of the snoring.

The pair would be dreadful, and she would have no choice but to go to the hospital and take on a shift of one of the nurses on night duty.

Eloise walked down the side of the gravel road, eyes down at her feet as she hugged her arms to herself, eyes drooping with every step she took.

She was walking to one of the spots she had found on the base. It had a beautiful view of the sky between a ring of trees, and Eloise knew that at this time of the night, the moon would be placed perfectly between them. She was positive she could even make out a few constellations in the sky, too.

The walk was twenty minutes— maybe even longer, because of her slow pace— but she didn't care. It felt nice out. There was a warm breeze brushing against her body, the gusts of wind swirling through her hair with a gentle ease.

Eloise sighed contently when she found the spot, her steps quickening to the spacious meadow.

She stopped in the center of the grassy area, plopping to the dewy grass, and laid to her back— she rested her arms over her abdomen, feet crossing as her eyes latched on the speckled sky that gazed down at her.