Chapter 10

Michael's pov

Just as I told her Rebecca was on her way, she passed out. I started panicking. "Maegan" I said, hoping she was just joking around. "Maegan" I said again a little bit louder. I was starting to cry now.

"Maegan, please" I cried, shaking her shoulder. I checked her pulse and it was very low. "M-maegan p-please" I said as I continued to try to wake her up. I was pretty much sobbing at this point.

"Please, hurry Rebecca" I said to myself

Rebecca's pov ⊙0⊙

"Ok. Yeah. On my way. Bye." I said as I hung up the phone. "Lucas" I screamed. "Jesus woman , I'm right here" said walking into the room. "Michael just called-" "Wait, Michael called you" he said cutting me off.  "Yes. Now let me finish. Michael called me and said that Maegan somehow got sick. She's throwing up and she keeps coughing. He also said she's really pale" I told him.

"Isn't she always pale" he said. "That's rude. But yes she is always pale. Anyway get your shoes and your car keys. We need to see what's wrong with Maegan."

We walked out to the car and got in. All I could think about on the way 'what could be wrong with her'. She was perfectly fine when we where over. She must have done something in secret or gotten sick from the pizza. "I hope she's ok" I said aloud. "Me too" Luke said, placing one hand on my knee.

~~

We got to the door and knocked. No one answered. We knocked again and rang the door bell. Again, no one answered. I looked at Luke. I was starting to freak out a bit. We knocked again but this time when no one answered, we just walked in.

Immediately we heard someone crying. "Maegan, please. Wake up" I hear Michael say. It sounded like he was in the bathroom, so that's where we went. And when we did we were surprised.

Maegan was passed out on the floor and Michael was sitting next to her sobbing. "Michael" I said, getting his attention. He looked up and me and my heart immediately broke. His eyes were puffy and red, his cheeks were covered in tears, his little kitten ears flat on his head, and he was as pale as Maegan. It looked like all the color in his face went to his eyes and his noes.

"Michael" I said again "what happended". "I don't know" he said "we were taking a nap on the couch and she woke up from a nightmare. I looked at her and she was pale and covered in sweat. I knew it wasn't just from the nightmare so I picked her up and took her to the bedroom. I went to get her some water and when I came back she was in the bathroom throwing up. She had me get her phone and call you and just after you hung up I told her you were on the way and t-then she-" he started crying again.

I kneeled down next to him and hugged him. "Luke" I said "call an ambulance". "Ok" he said as he dialed 911. "Its ok Michael" I said trying to calm him down "Luke called an ambulance. They're gonna come get and take her to the hospital. When she gets there, they're gonna find out what's wrong with her and then make her better" I said half to calm him down and half to calm me down.

I look down at Maegan and then silently start to cry. "The ambulance is on its way" Luke says as he comes back into the bathroom. I look over at him and he also had tears running down his face. Look back at Michael.

"Michael" I said. "Yes" he turned and looked at me. "Did Maegan give you a bennie to cover your ears" I asked. "No" he said, sniffling "she usually just lets me borrow her gray one". "Ok" I said. "Do you know where it is" I asked. "Yeah" "Ok come on. I need you to hide your tail and put that bennie on" I said standing up. "Why can't I just turn into a kitten" he asked, standing up. "Because I don't think that they allow animals in the hospital" I said. "Oh ok" he said as we went into Maegan's room to look for the bennie.

~~

When the ambulance came, Michael refusesed to go with Luke. "Michael you have to go with Luke. I'm gonna ride in the ambulance and you're gonna go with Luke" I said. "Nope" he said as he hopped in the back of the ambulance with me. "Michael-" I started but he cut me off. "Nope. Nope. Nnnooooppppeee" he said popping the p "I'm staying". He ended up staying with me.

~~

When we got to the hospital they wheeled Maegan off to the E.R. and we had to wait in the waiting room. We waited for about an hour till they came and told us we could go see her. They lead us down the hall and to her room. As we walked I looked at Michael and he looked scared. "Hey" I said to him "its gonna be alright. I'm sure she's fine".

When we walked in she was awake but the sight I was a little sad. She had about 3 IVs on her. One on her left arm, one on her right and one on her right hand. She also had a breathing tube in her nose.

"Hey guys" she said weakly. Before we could do anything, Michael ran over to the side of her bed and hugged her. "Michael be careful" I said. "He's fine" Maegan said as she hugged him back. "Maegan"I said when she pulled away from the hug "what happended?"

"Isn't it obvious. I passed out and had to be brought to the hospital" she said. "Well duh" I said. "But why. Do you know why" I asked. "Uhh yeah" she said sitting up a bit. .
"Well, what happened" Luke said. "Chill" I whispered to him.

"The doctors said that I have a stomach virus which caused the throwing up" she said. "But what caused you to pass out" Michael asked. He was still sitting by the side of her bed.

"Remember how I told yall that my mom had died from heart failure" she said. "Yeah" I answered. "Well apparently when I was born my mom had passed down her heart problems. I passed out because I had a mini heart attack. I couldn't really take it cause my heart was already weak" she tearing up a bit.

"Oh. I'm sorry" I said walking over to her and giving her a hug. "Its ok" she said "its not your fault". "So what did the doctors say. Do you have to stay the night or can you go home tonight" Luke asked. "They said I have to stay at least two nights" she said.

We hung out till it was time for us to go. And of course, Michael had to be stubborn. "I'm not leaving" he said for like the 3rd time. "Guys" Maegan said "just let him stay. I told you, I'm fine and he can stay". "Are you sure" I asked "you need rest and-". "Rebecca" she said cutting me off  "he can stay. He's fine". I look over at Michael and he had a smile on his face. "Ok. Whatever. We're gonna go now" I said walking towards the door. "Bye" she said. "Bye" we said as we left.

~~

Hope you enjoyed. Love ya :)