Chapter 29

Maegan's pov
(Three days later)

We started looking for Michael two days ago. We put up signs and posters, posted stuff on every social media, walked around and asked people if they had seen him and, nothing. Nada. Zilch. No sign of him.

We were walking down the sidewalk when I yelled out of anger. The guys jumped and looked at me. "Sorry. I was angry" I said, blushing a bit. We continued walking and asking people if they had seen Michael. We finally had enough for the day so we headed to Rebecca and Luke's house.

As soon as we stepped foot into the house, I flopped on the couch and screamed into the cushions. "Ok, can you stop with the screaming. That's all you've done this week" Luke said, annoyed. "Someone's grumpy" I said, looking up at him. He just glared at me and I smiled innocently.

I flipped over on the couch so I was on my back and sighed. "Why can't this just be a dream? Why can't I just close my eyes and when I open them, everything be normal" I asked with teary eyes. "Hey. I know you miss him but don't worry, we'll find him" Rebecca said, sitting next to my. I just sighed and curled up into a ball.

(Next day cuz lazy lol)

I was sitting on couch doing nothing while the guys were looking for Michael. The guys made me stay home because I apparently 'acted crazy' yesterday after Calum pretend to be Michael to 'cheer' me up. ALL I DID WAS THROW A FLOWER POT!!! IT MISSED BY LIKE, THREE INCHES!!!!

I sighed and went upstairs. I grabbed my sketch book and looked at all the drawing of Michael I had in there. I smiled sadly, with tears slowly running down my face, at the memories, then I flipped through my phone and looked at pictures I had taken of him, laughing at ones where he was making funny faces, or when he didn't know I was taking the picture.

I put my phone down and sighed. I laid down on my back and stared at the ceiling. I was about to fall asleep when I got a text from an unknown number. I opened the message and saw that it was a picture of Michael, chained to a bed, with duct tape over his mouth, a bruise just below his eye and tears streaming down his face. I made a choking a sound and read the text below it.

"Look how much fun your precious little kitten is having!!! ~ Josh"

I let out a sob and cried into my pillow. I was about to replay when he called me.

"Hello Maegan."
"Josh."

I could hear chains moving in the background and I could hear Michael's muffled yells.

"Please Josh, just let him go."
"Nah. I'm sure he likes it better here."
"Please. He never did anything to you. I never did anything to you."
"Yall didn't do anything. I just like fucking with people's lives."
"Why?"
"It just the way I am. Now if you don't mind, I have some....business to take care of. Bye."

And with that he hung up. I pulled my phone away from my ear and stared at it. Then I got angry and threw it across the room, hearing a cracking sound right after. I screamed and knocked the bedside lamp off the table, it shattered on impact with the floor. I got up and grabbed my phone off the floor, seeing that the screen had cracked half way. I yelled and fell face first into my pillows. I just cried and continued to cry till the guys got home.

The guys ran upstairs and into my room. I looked up at them with red, puffy eyes. "What happened" Rebecca asked, walking around the mess on the floor and sitting on the bed next to me. I turned my phone on and showed the picture of Michael. She gasped. "What" Luke asked, looking up from cleaning the mess. The rest of the guys looked up as well.

I showed them the picture and they all gasped. "Oh my god" I heard Ashton mumble. They cleaned up the mess while Rebecca calmed me down. "Ok, so what happened" Luke said, as he and the rest of the guys sat down on my bed. "Ok" I said sitting up and looking at them.

"I was about to take a nap when I got text from an unknown number. I check the message and it was that picture from Josh. I was going to respond when he called me. He called just to say that he like fucking with people's life's" I said, tears forming in my eyes. "So, after the phone call, I got angry and threw my phone across the room and shoved the lamp off the table" I said, blushing a bit.

"Ok, you need to stop breaking things" Luke said, sounding like a parent. "And you need to stop banging Rebecca" I said, smirking. "That's it" he said, jumping on the bed trying to grab me. I quickly rolled off the bed and ran downstairs. I hide behind the couch and the rest of the guys ran downstairs and surrounded me. I jumped over the couch and just as I thought I could get away, they pined me to the sofa.

Ashton and Rebecca held my hands down, Calum held my feet and Luke climbed on top of me. He smiled devilishly. "W-what are- NO, STOP" I screamed as he began to tickle me. He laughed as he continued to tickle me and make me scream like a little girl. "NO LUKE- AHAHH- G-GET OFF" I screamed while laughing.

"Ha, I did it" he said, crawling off of me and standing up. "Did what" I asked as the rest of the guys let me go. "I made you laugh and smile for the first time this week" he said, sticking his hands up in victory. "O-k, that's nice but if you don't mind, I'm gonna go pee" I said, running to the bathroom, hearing the guys laugh behind me.

~~

Well at least that chapter ended nicely. I hope you enjoyed it my little marshmallows. Love ya. ❤️❤️❤️