Reuniting/Part 6

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡

*     *     DOUMA'S pov.

I follow Akaza when he goes to hunt, wanting to know if he'll actually help someone. I stay hidden in a bush nearby. I see Akaza helping a woman up from the ground and checking to make sure she's okay. He worriedly asks her if she's okay before making sure she's able to stand steadily. She nods as tears run down her face, Akaza's eyes widen slightly, before relaxing again.

"What's wrong? Are you hurt?" He questions, she chuckles quietly before shaking her head. She explains to him how she was just harassed by a man who seemed drunk. The woman describes the man to Akaza, he smiles before offering to walk her home. She agrees, gently grabbing his hand and holding it in hers before smiling up at him.

I follow Akaza and the woman, making sure Akaza gets there safely. The woman asks him why he's so pale, he lies to her and says that it's a skin condition.

I continue to follow Akaza around until he spots a woman and stops walking. Akaza seems to freeze in place at the sight of the woman.

"Koyuki?" He calls out softly, as if he was in disbelief.

"Hakuji!?" She looks up from the ground, now focusing on Akaza.

"You remember me?" He asks, wondering if he heard the woman right.

"Hakuji!" She yells, tears of happiness streaming down her face as she runs up to him and embraces him tightly. Akaza trembles mildly as he hugs her back, relaxing and hanging his head.

"I thought you were dead.. H-How.." He stammers, hugging her tighter, but not to the point where he could hurt her.

"I was saved by a man, he was a doctor.. He helped me, then.. He went 'off without giving me a chance to thank him." She explains.

"Why didn't you come back? I–" Akaza stops himself, not wanting to reveal whatever he did.

"I.. Didn't want to be accused of faking my death or being reincarnated as a demon.. I'm so sorry, Hajuki." She cries.

"It's okay, I would've been afraid of that too–"

"What happened to your skin?"

"There's something I need to tell you, Koyuki.."

"Are you ill!?"

"No, no.. After you 'died'– I was found by the demon king after murdering the ones who attempted to kill you and became a demon. I didn't care about anything at that point, and I told him that." She stares at him in disbelief, before letting go of him and backing up slightly.

"I'm sorry, Hakuji.. But, I don't think we can still be together– You're an amazing guy, really. It's just– I won't live as long as you will. It'll hurt you more in the future when I die if we stay together."

"I understand, I wish you luck, Koyuki. Find someone who can protect and care for you, okay?" He asks, teary-eyed.

"I will, I promise.. I love you, Hakuji."

"I– I love you too, Koyuki. 'Take care, please." Akaza chokes, obviously holding his sadness in.

"I will, goodbye." The woman stands on her tip-toes and pecks his forehead. Akaza nods before running off after she says her goodbyes. I lost track of him immediately after he jumped off. I wonder if he's okay.. Wait, am I worried about him!? He's weak. Yeah– He's nice, sort of.. But he isn't someone I'd consider a friend. Maybe I just feel bad because I watched him part ways with that woman.