(1) Mission #1/Part 9

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡

DOUMA'S pov.     {Days Later..}

Lord Muzan sent me and Akaza on a mission to find the Blue Spider Lily, something not even Kokoshibou has done. Why would he expect us to be able to find it? Does he too think I'm a good luck charm that can talk to the gods? He also sent me with Akaza, who's been a dick to me for the past few days.. What happened? Did I wrong him?

Akaza and I walk through a small village that I found while wandering through the woods. I glance over at the other man, curious on what he's doing. Akaza's body and posture are stiff, he looks like he's holding his anger in.

"Dipshit, stop walking." He whispers, grabbing me by the forearm and holding me so I don't wander off.

"I didn't notice you stopped, sorry," I apologize, glancing down at him and moving my arm away from his grasp. I continue to wander off, looking for a woman to eat. I hear running footsteps before stepping aside so Akaza doesn't crash into me.

"Stop being so reckless, Akaza, check your surroundings before you bodyslam somebody." I spit, turning my head to face him.

"I wasn't trying to bodyslam anyone, Douma."

"Well you almost crashed into me, you imbecile."

"I am no imbecile!"

"Then prove it, Akaza!" I yell back at him, rotating my head so I can look in front of me. Akaza doesn't respond, instead, he listens to me and shuts his mouth.

*

I hold the dead woman's leg up to my mouth, biting it as blood gushes out of her limb. I start to feel numb inside, almost as if I'm calm, but zoned out.. True emotions feel hidden from me. It happens sometimes, it's always been like this. Sometimes I'll feel nothing, I won't express anything and usually I stay away from others so they don't find out the truth.

I find Akaza engulfing a man's corpse, I glance at him before continuing our mission. I look for the lily while Akaza calls for me. I ignore his screaming, preferring to work alone. I move to the other side of the woods, scavenging for the lily there.

"Douma! What the hell!?"

" 'What the hell' what?" I repeat, keeping my back turned to him as I scan the woods for anything that looks like a Blue Spider Lily.

"Why did you leave without me you dick!?" He yells, grabbing onto my shoulder and trying to make me turn to him.

"Don't touch me." I mutter, my numbness fading away quickly.

"What!?"

"I said.. 'Don't touch me'!" I yell, harshly shaking his hand off my shoulder and standing up from my crouching position.

"What's 'up with you?" Akaza huffs, seeming to not understand why I'm agitated.

"I want space, okay?" I sigh, calming myself.

"We're supposed to do this together, Douma–"

"I fucking know–"

"Then why'd you avoid me earlier!?"