Isolation ♥ 2/Part 8

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡

DOUMA'S pov.

Akaza yells for me to go away before burying his face in his knees and crossing his arms over them. I walk over to him and sit beside him, leaning on the wall as I turn my head to look at the shorter male.

"Why aren't you leaving, Douma? I'm fine, and even if I wasn't I can still fix my own problems–"

"Then why don't you Akaza-Dono?"

"What..?" He mutters, a look of shock on his face when he turns his head to look at me.

"Why don't you solve your problems independently then?" I ask, giving Akaza a blank stare as I skim him over, admiring his features secretly. A blush sneaks onto my cheeks and makes them burn minorly.

"I.. Don't know." He lies, his eyes avoiding mine as his voice hints at his nervousness.

"Is it because you don't know how to, Akaza-Dono?" I question, watching his expression.

"Y-Yeah.. That's exactly why.." He stammers, quietly sighing after turning his head away from me. I gently take one of his hands and hold it in both of mine. Akaza looks over at me before his finger twitches once, then his hand relaxes as well as the rest of his body. I watch as Akaza's shoulders sink in relaxation. I slowly rub his thumb with mine, holding his hand a little tighter to give him a sense of reassurance.

"Douma?" I hum, turning my attention to Akaza. "How do you move on from someone, exactly?" He asks, his sight glued to the floors beneath us.

"I guess you just have to accept that they're gone and that there's nothing you can really do about it.. She wouldn't want to see you like this, Akaza. Move on for both you and her."

"So I have to basically let her go?" I nod.

"Were you this bothered when you thought she was dead–"

"How do you know about that, Douma?"

"I.. Guessed?"

"That was not a guess, Dipshit." I roll my eyes at his words.

"Fine, I was spying on you–"

"WHAT!?" Akaza yells, snapping his head to his right so he can look at me.

"Sorry?" I chuckle, obviously not feeling sorry for my actions.

"Nevermind that.. But I was bothered for a bit until I realized that she'd want me to strive even without her."

"You might not like this, but– Just do what you did to move on from her 'death'." I suggest, resting my head on the wall and looking up.

"I guess that could work.. Maybe you're not so bad, Douma."

"And maybe you're not as weak as I thought you were, Akaza-Dono~." I tease, a smile creasing my lips.

"Dick.." He laughs quietly, moving his head to his side and resting himself on the wall.

" 'Like you have one, Woman." Akaza scoffs, a small smirk on his face as he falls asleep, letting his body shift onto mine. He rests his head on my shoulder, our hands still holding each others' as we drift to sleep.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡

KOKUSHIBO'S pov.

I ask Nakime to teleport me to Akaza's room, she nods without a word before completing my request. When I silently open the door, I don't immediately see him, so I step forward a bit. I see Akaza and Douma asleep, Akaza's head resting on Douma's shoulder as his head rests on top of Akaza's.

At least they're getting along. I wonder why Muzan was worried about him anyways, maybe he read his thoughts?

I blink and see myself in Muzan's office, standing in front of him. I bow my head, showing him my respect. Muzan nods, indicating that I can let my head up. I report to him what I saw, earning a calm nod from him.

"Very well then, Kokushibo. Thank you for always being loyal, you've proven yourself trustworthy.. Relax for a few days, you deserve it." He nods once, the gesture signaling that I am dismissed. I take an extra second to process what he said, almost not believing it. 

"Thank you, Lord Muzan.. It's an honor–" I whisper, my eyes wide in shock as I stare at him in disbelief, my cheeks heating up. He never compliments anyone, come to think of it He's only said nice things about me.. I'm honored to be his highest ranking Uppermoon.

I soon relax and accept his compliment, a spark of joy spreading through my body because of his praise. I haven't felt even the slightest bit of happiness in decades– Since my main expression is a state of blankness and serenity and my mood usually being strict but calm.

‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊°‧̍̊·̊‧̥°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥‧̥·̊‧̍̊ ♡°̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ·͙*̩̩͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩̥͙·̩̩̥͙*̩̩̥͙˚̩̥̩̥*̩̩͙‧͙ °̩̥˚̩̩̥͙°̩̥ ♡

Word Count (Not including banner thing(s) above ^ , this text, or the text below v.): 768

I still have no idea what to put for the author's notes- Sorry this part/chapter was shorter than the others, I didn't know what to write. Thanks for your patience. <3

Anyways- Have a wonderful day/night/afternoon/morning and stay safe out there. -ButterCat