Chapter Nine

Yunah slid her hand slowly out from beneath Seungcheol's before she turned in her seat.

"Minho? I didn't expect to see you here," she exclaimed. Deciding it was better to pretend she hadn't seen him than admit what she had seen.

Minho frowned at her. "Well, here I am," he said, his tone darker than usual. "Mind if I join you?" He asked, pulling out a chair and taking a seat at the table on the other side of Yunah before Yunah or Seungcheol could respond.

Yunah looked back and forth between the two men for a second.

"Aren't you going to introduce us?" Minho asked, his tone mocking.

Yunah snapped her head to him and found him staring at her with one eyebrow raised.

"Ye.. yes.. Sorry, " She stammered.

"This is Seungcheol. He's a member of Seventeen, I worked with them on their music video," Yunah explained as she gestured at Seungcheol and watched as he frowned slightly at her.

Yunah knew he probably expected her to introduce him as her friend or at least mention that they had worked together more than once, but this whole situation made her feel so awkward and she didn't want Minho to get the wrong idea.

She turned in her seat to gesture to Minho as she introduced him, "and this is Minho... my co..."

"Boyfriend," Minho stated, cutting her off.

"I'm her boyfriend," He explained, reaching across her to offer his hand to Seungcheol to shake.

Yunah blinked at Minho in shock. They usually aimed to keep their interactions in public to a minimum and are always strictly professional with each other. She had no intention of introducing him as her boyfriend and couldn't figure out why he had just done so.

Yunah glanced at Seungcheol and swore she saw confusion flicker across his face before it settled back into a neutral expression.

Seungcheol took Minho's hand and shook it firmly.

"Nice to meet you, Minho. I didn't know Yunah had a boyfriend," He said as he turned to look at Yunah.

Yunah could feel the eyes of both men on her.

"Umm.. we don't... uh, " Yunah stammered, unable to get her words out.

Minho reached over and placed a hand on her knee. The casual touch caused Yunah to flinch. The sudden possessive attitude from Minho was making her uncomfortable.

"What Yunah is trying to say is we don't usually tell people about us because of the risk of it getting out to the public, right, Yunah?" Minho explained for her.

Yunah nodded slowly.

Minho continued before Yunah could say anything. "I mean, you must understand. You work in the same industry, " Minho said with a gesture towards Seungcheol.

Seungcheol stared blankly back at Minho. "Yeah, man. I get it. Must be really hard to be with the person you love and not be able to tell anyone."

Minho didn't reply but simply looked at his watch. "We should get going, Yunah," he announced suddenly. "I'll let you say your goodbyes. I have some people I need to speak to. Meet me by the door in five minutes, " he said as he stood.

"It was nice to meet you. Seungcheol, was it? I'm sure we will see each other in the future, " Minho said before he turned on his heel and walked in the crowd.

"Seungcheol... I, " Yunah stammered as she turned to face him. She wasn't sure what she wanted to say.

Seungcheol was looking back at her with the blank expression he had been wearing still on his face. Although Yunah could swear there was something else, another expression hidden beneath it.