I gently open the door..

TW: This chapter contains depictions of a Suicide attempt .

TSUKASA POV:

**DING**

The bell that signaled the start of school rung, I was already sitting in my classroom to avoid the large crowds of students buzzing to their classes.. what was strange was... Rui was not at school. I waited patiently for him during the whole class period but there were still no signs of my boyfriend. I wasn't able to get any work done since he was usually the one that helped me with things. When the bell that signaled lunch time rung, I went up to the rooftop, sitting on one of the benches up there and slowly gulping the lunch I had prepared in my lunch box despite me not having quite the appetite. As soon as I finished my lunch, I made my way back to my class before the large crowd trampled me.

NENE POV:

"Ugh where is he..." I thought to myself while texting Rui. He hasn't responded to any of my texts all day, I was starting to get worried. I sighed and looked at the ground.

"Maybe.. I could leave, check on him, then come back...?"

I put my bag over my shoulder and swiftly snuck out of the school before bolting to Rui's house. Slowly entering the home of my best friend, I felt my heart rate drastically increasing as I slowly walked up the creaky stairs and went over to his bedroom door. I took a deep breath and...

I gently opened the door.

My heart sunk as I saw the scene before me.. There it was. my best friend. hanging there. his body was slowly swaying back and forth.

I slowly stepped back, hitting a wall in the hallway causing me to fall backwards... as the realization slowly set in I slowly got up and went over to him.. I gently yanked him down and laid him on the floor. his limp body gave me the chills but I knew I had to do something. I looked down at his seemingly lifeless body but then I noticed...
He was still breathing.

"Ok... ok.. nene you got this.." I mumbled to myself over and over again while pulling out my phone and calling the emergency services. I took the hand of my best friend while waiting for the ambulance. as soon as the ambulance came I rushed downstairs, guiding the paramedics up to Rui's room. They put him on the stretcher and took him back to the ambulance.. As I watched them drive away with my best friend, I felt sick to my stomach.

I dropped to my knees and...

"HURK!"

Vomited on the cement. I slowly stood back up, looking at the pile of green that just came out of my body and slowly put my hands on my head.

"I gotta tell Tsukasa and Emu..."

I slowly picked up my phone with shaky hands and dialed Emu's number first. She picked up in the first two rings.

"Hey Nene-chan!! what's up??" The girl sounded so enthusiastic... not out of character for Emu at all..

"Well.. Rui.. he..." I gulped down my words...

"He.. wha??" The bubblegum girl was now confused

"He tried to... *gulp* kill.. himself."

"WHAT?!?!!? Uh.. I'll go to the hospital right away! okay nene-chan?!"

"Yeah... ok." I hung up the phone after I said those words.. I was dreading to call HIM. I slowly went onto Tsukasa's contact: "Obnoxious star ⭐️" and pressed the call button. Tsukasa took a little more time to pick up.. I mean he is blind so I guess it makes sense. Eventually I heard..
"Hello?? Who is this?"

TSUKASA POV:

I was praying that it was Rui calling me but my hope dissipated when I heard the familiar voice..

"Tsukasa." It was- nene? she sounded quiet sorrowful.

"Nene? Hi! is everything alright?"

"It's Rui.. he tried to kill himself."

(I love me those cliffhangers!!)