Chapter 11 - Harm Done

Regulus POV

I didn't like the idea of someone or anyone hurting her. Even if I've only known her a few months it was a strong feeling inside. It was a need to protect her, to claim her as mine and to show her love like no other. I don't understand what this feeling is or why I'm feeling this way towards her. She's just a girl, that's a lie she's not any ordinary girl far from that. I wanted to point it out, but knew that if anyone saw what went on with me. That I wouldn't want them to say it in front of a bunch of people. No matter how well you know the people that are around in the moment. I was however going to comfort her about it before she headed to bed tonight.
__________________________________

Trinitys POV

I could feel his eyes on me, regulus was staring at me while I talked. While I faked my smiles, made up lies, he was overall watching me with an intense gaze. I knew now as I watched his eyes travel towards my wrist and his eyebrow raise. I said nothing not even a nod to confirm his suspicions. I knew he knew, Reggie told me what happens back home and how Sirius was a coward. How Sirius left Reggie there with an abusive family, never thought I'd understand truly that is. The fact I know understand what Reggie goes through at home is sad to say. But I just, his family and mine are different in more ways than one. The things we relate to are within the walls of Hogwarts and each other.

I felt protective, and possessive towards Reggie and Theo even. I did some digging into it, the reasoning as to why I feel so strongly towards them. Why I feel connected in ways I can't understand or explain, I know they feel it too. You can see it in their eyes, but I haven't come with a definitive answer yet. Because no one has really been turned into a hybrid by mistake not for centuries of course. And I needed to know how it happened, why it happened to me. I had so many questions and vary little answers to any of them. It was rather frustrating to say the least, having all the knowledge I thought I had. To only be crushed and realize I don't know enough and I need to know more.

The train ride went faster than usual and we soon were back in the company of the walls of the castle. The eery halls of Hogwarts that held ghost such as nearly headless nick and peeves. The things that were hidden within the walls were deep and more mysterious than ever. I felt it, the eeriness of it all, the feelings radiating off everyone in waves. As we walked down halls and around corners to get to the dungeons of Hogwarts. Where the creepier things reside yet I found comfort in those things. The eery feeling of the portraits watching you and gathering all the information they can off you and those around you. The portraits know more than they let on even more than anyone can imagine rather.

They know secrets that are hidden deep in the cracks of the walls. They know because they've been there for years moving only through other paintings if needed or with their eyes. They talk and I've got a lot of gossip from them too. I try not to talk to the secretive ones, the ones who try and pry into your business. I talk to the ones who are more open and can't shut their mouth for the life of themselves. They can go on and on until you find some way to shut them up. It's hard sometimes talking to them without getting annoyed or frustrated with them. I can't tell you why I do it, but I know why I first started doing it. Although now I couldn't tell you a reason for it, maybe it's for comfort or something.

Maybe I feel bad they are stuck in the frames in which they reside. Either way I used to do it before I truly got close with my friends. In fact Reggie and Theo were walking past when I was chatting with lady henna. She wears a black and blue dress from the earlier times rather gorgeous dress too. I was talking to her when they passed by and asked what I was doing and we then got talking. I haven't spoken to lady henna in a little while now, so maybe I should. As we entered the common room I watched the door disappear and turned to find lady Henna. I was used to the route by now, easy to go about when you've done it hundreds of times. Thing is I couldn't find her, she wasn't in her frame, the usual portrait I find her in.

"Sir Benjamin have you see lady henna?" I asked the knight beside her frame

"Oh dear yes I have, tragic rather tragic it was" he said

"What do you mean?" I asked

"Oh she disappeared, disappeared I tell you, it was a massacre at best, poor lady henna no longer around" he said

"She can't possibly be dead sir Benjamin, she simply can't be" I said nervously

"He's not speaking truth dear" another portrait said

"Lies, I speak no such" sir Benjamin scoffed

"Will someone blood tell me where she is already" I snapped

"Headmaster Dumbledore took her, too noisy he said" the third painting said

"No he can't just take her" I snapped

"But he did, and he won't return her" sir Benjamin said

I growled in anger as my claws came out and eyes flashed yellow causing them all to gasp.

"Password to his office anyone?" I hissed

"Phoenix tail feather" a young portrait squeaked

I huffed anger fueled each step I took as I stormed to the tower where his office statue stood.