Chapter 10 - Prejudices

I was shocked, is this what betrayal feels like I suppose so. Not necessarily all of it being betrayal but hurt and I didn't like emotions.

"Remus" Tonks said softly

"No she decided, made her choice, chose her side, so if she wants to side with evil we shall treat her as such" Remus said

"But I didn't Remus, I simply" I began but his hand connected with my cheek

"Remus" Tonks shouted

"You hit me" I gasped clutching my cheek

Tears threatened to spill down my cheeks as I dropped my stuff and ran outside. I didn't know where I was going or what I was doing but never once did I think. Did I think that Remus or Tonks would be capable of such things. Such hurtful things, does this mean mum and dad would do the same. Would dad hit me for being in Slytherin and mum just watch without doing anything. I found a tree and slumped down clawing at the ground as my wolf came free. Hybrid nature that I caused myself to become for the sake of Remus at best. The thought of him made my blood boil as I ran in wolf form back to the house. I didn't change back I just growled at them, but he knew someone he always knew.

"You became animagus" Remus said with no emotion

I shifted back and glared at him before I replied.

"For you, thought it would help you, thought I'd make you feel safer as you did with prongs and padfoot but no, now I know what I did was stupid, your unworthy of my appreciation now Remus" I hissed

"You didn't do it for me, you did it for your own selfish reasons just admit it" he snapped

"Why does everyone think all Slytherin witches and wizards are evil" I snapped

He grabbed my arm roughly and dragged me back inside towards my room.

"Pureblood families trinity, your half blood how could you feel as though they do, I thought we taught you better" he snapped

"Taught me better?, what's the bloody hell does that even mean Remus" I snapped

Things didn't go well after that, I was eventually left bruised in my room and upset. I felt weak for not being able to stand up to him let alone argue properly with him. I didn't want to argue further and the rest of break wasn't any easier for me. I found myself wanting to get back to Hogwarts way faster than I'd thought. Part of me wondered if anyone would notice my different attitudes towards life. It was more dull now, like whenever here with them I was going through the motions and nothing more. When I was off at Hogwarts I felt at home, felt safe, felt as though I was appreciated and loved. If I think about it I never really felt the love from Remus and Tonks you'd think I would. Remus is obviously not caring anymore especially now that I was sorted into Slytherin and not Gryffindor.

It hurt like hell, the feeling of all whatever this was. I didn't know what to do and didn't letter anyone like I said I would. Not just because of what was going on but because Remus wouldn't let me. The house elf was forced to keep a watchful eye on me and report anything I tried to do that wasn't allowed anymore. I wasn't allowed things I used to be allowed and my patience was dimmed from before. I was on the verge of breakdown, on the verge of losing control and I hated that. I hated that Remus even Tonks had that kind of control over me. So when the break came to an end I hurriedly packed and made my way to the train station. I was beyond determined to not get stopped by Remus or Tonks even the house elf. Yet of course to my shitty luck lately I was stopped.

"Miss potter, I was requested to see you to the station and give you this letter" one of our house elfs named poppy said

"Thanks poppy I understand" I said

In a flash she snapped her fingers and we landed at the train station.

"I do not like what master Remus does to Miss potter" she said now that we were away from the house

I got closer to poppy, kneeling to her height so she could see my eyes closely.

"You mustn't tell a soul, I will be alright as long as I stay away but do promise to visit me with news of them, even if you have to sneak out promise me poppy your the only one I trust in there well that and the other elfs of course" I said

"Poppy promises Miss potter to keep her updated" poppy said

"Goodbye poppy" I said and with that got on the train

I made my way through the train and found my friends all in a comfortable spot together. I wanted to go inside but part of me didn't think best to do so. What if they see my bruises?, what if they ask too many questions?, what will I say to them? Although before I could go elsewhere I was pulled into the compartment by Daphne. I tried not to wince as she grabbed my hurt wrist. But it was hard not to because the bruises were fresh. She didn't notice though and I hoped to Merlin no one else did.
__________________________________

Regulus POV

I knew that look, that wince she made did not go unnoticed by me. When Daphne saw her trying to walk by she rushed to drag her inside. And when Daphne grabbed her wrist this caused her to wince. I knew what it meant but I didn't have the heart to mention it to her or point it out. I knew that when she got back home this break after being sorted into Slytherin. She was being hurt, hurt by her own relatives or whomever was caring for her back where she was home.