Chp 23: Tell It to the Frogs (Part 7)

In Rick, Lori, and Carl tent,

Carl is lying down in the tent after Rick leaves. Lori comes to see him

"Hey. You know, I bet they'll be just fine." Lori says to her son in reassurance.

"I'm not worried. Are you?" Carl tells her.

"Yeah. a little." Lori admits.

"Don't be." Carl tells her reassuringly.

"Why?" Lori asks, confused by her son's statement.

"Think about it, mom. Everything that's happened to him so far... Nothing's killed him yet." Carl tells his mom.

Lori chuckles and notes that Carl is right.

In Atlanta,

The truck arrives outside the city limits.

"He'd better be okay." Daryl says.

"It's my only word on the matter. I told you the geeks can't get at him. The only thing that's gonna get through that door is us." T-Dog tells Daryl in confidence with Rose nodding in agreement.

Glenn stops the truck.

"We walk from here." Glenn tells the group.

They get out and start walking along the railroad tracks.

In the Survival Camp,

"Dale. Have you seen Carl?" Lori asks Dale.

"Shane took him down to the quarry. There was some mighty bold talk about catching frogs." Dale informs her.

Down at the Quarry,

"I'm not getting anything." Carl tells Shane.

"Yeah. Being all wily, staying submerged. Little suckers, they know something's up. That's what's going on. Just going to have to do this the old fashioned way. All right, little man, look. You are the... you are the key in all this, okay? All I'm gonna do is I'm gonna go after one of them, all right, scare the rest of them off. They're all gonna scatter. I'm gonna drive 'em your way, okay?" Shane tells Carl with a bit of enthusiasm.

"All right." Carl says.

"What you need to do is you need to round up every bad boy you see, all right? Are you with me?" Shane asks.

"Yeah. Yeah." Carl answers with a smile on his face.

"Hells yeah. Give me your mean face. Yes sir. Are you ready?" Shane asks, getting Carl riled up.

"Yeah!" Carl cheers out in excitement.

"Are you ready? Here we go, boy. Here we go." Shane says happily.

Carl laughs as Shane splashes around in the water.

"All right, they're coming your way. They're coming your way. Go on, get 'em, get 'em. They're coming your way, come on. Catch them frogs. Catch them frogs. They're coming, little man! Get 'em! Get that net in there and get 'em!" Shane shouts out to Carl getting Carl more motivated to catch the frogs.

Nearby, Carol, Jacqui, Andrea, and Amy are doing the laundry.

"I'm beginning to question the division of labor here." Jacqui states.

Andrea agrees.

"They're coming, little man! Get 'em! Get that net in there and get 'em! What have you got, bad boy? What do you got? What do you got?" Shane asks, curious to see if Carl got something.

"Dirt." Carl answers.

"Oh boy. All right, we've got to start over. Come on, let's find this bucket." Shane tells Carl.