Chp 32: Wildfire (Part 4)

In the Survival Camp,

Later, the guys, Lori, Rose, and Jacqui are talking about Jim's case.

"I say we put a pickaxe in his head and the dead girl's and be done with it." Daryl tells the group.

"Is that what you'd want if it were you?" Shane questions.

"Yeah, and I'd thank you while you did it." Daryl says as Rose looks at him in disbelief.

"I hate to say it... I never thought I would... but maybe Daryl's right." Dale says to the group.

"Jim's not a monster, Dale, or some rabid dog." Rick tells Dale.

"I'm not suggesting..." Dale tries saying but gets interrupted.

"He's sick. A sick man. We start down that road, where do we draw the line?" Rick says firmly.

"The line's pretty clear. Zero tolerance for walkers, or them to be." Daryl states.

"What if we can get him help? I heard the C.D.C. was working on a cure." Rick says.

"I heard that as well." Rose says as well.

"I heard that too. Heard a lot of things before the world went to hell." Shane states.

"What if the C.D.C. is still up and running?" Rick questions.

"Man, that is a stretch right there." Shane says.

"Why? If there's any government left, any structure at all, they'd protect the C.D.C. at all costs, wouldn't they? I think it's our best shot. Shelter. protection." Rick says.

"Yeah and even if it is a stretch, it's a risk we should take." Rose says, backing up Rick.

"Okay, Rick, Rose, you want those things, all right? I do too, okay? Now if they exist, they're at the army base. Fort Benning." Shane states.

"That's 100 miles in the opposite direction." Lori blurts out.

"That is right. But it's away from the hot zone. Now listen to me. If that place is operational, it'll be heavily armed. We'd be safe there." Shane says.

"The military were on the front lines of this thing. They got overrun. We've all seen that. The C.D.C. is our best choice and Jim's only chance." Rick says as Rose nods in agreement.

"You go looking for aspirin, do what you need to do. Someone needs to have some balls to take care of this damn problem!" Daryl states.

"Hey hey hey!" Shane says.

Daryl heads toward Jim with his pickaxe and tries to take a swing. Rick points his gun at Daryl's head. While Rose is right beside Rick with a cleaver in hand just incase Daryl does something to Rick.

"We don't kill the living." Rick says.

"That's funny coming from a man who just put a gun to my head." Daryl states.

"We may disagree on some things, not on this. You put it down. Go on." Shane orders.

Daryl puts the pickaxe down and goes away. Rose sighs at that and puts her pickaxe down.

"Come with me." Rick states to Jim.

"Where are you taking me?" Jim asks.

"Somewhere safe." Rick says to Jim.

Rick takes Jim with him. Rose watching them in the distance.