Chp 11: Guts (Part 2)

The streets and intersection where the tank is parked are still crowded with walkers. More of them swarm the horse's corpse. Many are leaving the tank to eat the horse's remains. A few still beat on the top hatch. The walkers are heard growling and moaning

The Radio beeps while hissing.

Rick and Rose, still stranded inside, hears the radio broadcasting again. The walkers are banging on the tank.

"Hey, are you guys alive in there?" The Man on the radio asks them.

At the sound of the voice, Rick starts to bang his head against the small space, in the tank.

Rose looks at Rick doing this with a deadpan expression.

Thuds, grunts are being still being head outside of the tank.

"Hello? Hello?" Rick asks the Guy on the Radio.

"There you are. You guys had me wondering." The Guy on the Radio told them.

"Where are you? Outside? Can you see us right now?" Rick asks.

"Yeah, I can see you. You guys are  surrounded by walkers. That's the bad news." The Man on the Radio tells them.

"There's good news?" Rick asks.

"No." The Guy on the Radio responds.

"That's fudging great..." Rose mutters out, banging her head a bit in the small space.

"Listen, whoever you are, I don't mind telling you that we're a little concerned in here." Rick informs him. Taking a glade over at Rose.

"Oh man. You should see it from over here. You guys be having a major freak-out." The Guy on the Radio tells them.

"Got any advice for us?" Rick asks him.

"Yeah, I'd say make a run for it." The Guy on the Radio suggests to them.

"Really?" Rose questions with a unconvinced look on her face.

"That's it? Make a run for it?" Rick questions as well.

"My way's not as dumb as it sounds. You guys got eyes on the outside here. There's one geek still up on the tank but the others have climbed down and joined the feeding frenzy where the horse went down. You guys with me so far?" The Man over the Radio tells them, giving Rose a bit of reassurance.

"So far." Rick tells him.

"Okay, the street on the other side of the tank is less crowded. If you guys move now while they're distracted, you guys stand a chance. Got ammo?" The Man over the Radio asks them.

"In that duffel bag I dropped out there, and guns. Can I get to it?" Rick asks.

"Same here as well." Rose tells the Man over the Radio, informing him as well.

"Forget the bags, okay? It's not an option. What do you guys have on you?" He questions.

"Hang on." Rick tells him.

Rick hurriedly checks his hand gun and the one he took from the soldier's corpse. Rose checks her belt to realize she has a cleaver. She grabs the cleaver and holds it in one of her hands, firmly.

Gun clicks, and clatters are heard. Rose turns to see Rick counting his bullets and goes back to the dead soldier to check his pockets. He looks at him curiously. Wandering what he's doing.

Suddenly, Rick sees a hand grenade on the shelf and he takes it.

"Yeah. Yeah." Rick mutters out into the mike. "I've got a beretta with one clip, 15 rounds."