Chp 42: TS-19 (Part 6)

Several of the group runs down stairs looking for the generators. Lights automatically come on as they enter the basement. Beeps are heard.

The lights come on.

"Decontamination-what does that mean?" Glenn asks.

"I don't like the way Jenner clammed up. The way he just wandered off like that." Shane says as Rose begrudgingly agrees with him.

"What's wrong with him? Seriously, man. Is he nuts, medicated, what?" T-Dog asks.

Rick looks at a map on the wall.

"In there." Rick states.

Beeps and Lights humming are heard.

The lights in the room come on when the door opens.

"Check that way." Rick tells T-Dog and Glenn, be than turns to Shane and Rose. "Shane. Rose"

Shane and Rose follow Rick. They walk through the utility room looking for the generator. Rose sees Shane giving her a slight glare as she does the same to him. Rick finds a barrel with a hose coming out of it. Chugging is heard.

Rick sees the gauge reads almost empty. He tests the barrel.

Rick Sighs. "It's empty."

"Great.." Rose mutters out sarcastically.

Generator clacks.

Lights flicker and go out, different lighting comes on.

"Emergency lighting is on." VI says.

"What the Hell is this?" Shane asks.

Glenn and T-Dog run up.

"Hey, you guys kill the lights?" Glenn asks the trio.

"Nah, it just went out." Shane states.

"Anything?" Rick asks.

"Yeah, a lot of dead generators and more empty fuel drums than I can count." T-Dog states.

"It can't be down to just that one." Shane states.

Meanwhile, Lori is in their bedroom waving her arms under an air vent, trying to feel a flow.

"Mom? Something wrong?" Carl asks her.

"Uh, nothing. It's just.the air conditioning stopped." Lori says to Carl.

Jenner sits at a desk looking at a photograph of a beautiful woman.

Jenner Sighs and sniffles. "I did the best I could in the time that I had. I hope you'd be proud of that. At least I found the cure, all I need now is to tell the news to her, but I guess it wouldn't matter anyway."

Tearing up he puts down the photo, picks up his work badge and walks to the windows of his office. They look down on the big room.

"We always think there's gonna be more time..." Jenner says as he sighs.

The power whirs down.

"Then it runs out." Jenner states.

Dale is out in the hall, Lori is, too. Jenner walks out a door and down the hall past them.

"Why is the air off?" Carol asks.

"And the lights in our room?" Lori asks as well.

Daryl sticks his head out, he's still got a liquor bottle in his hand.

"What's going on? Why is everything turned off?" Daryl asks too.

Jenner takes the whiskey bottle from Daryl without slowing down.