Chapter- 23 Enchantment

Adhya pov.

After returning home, I freshened up, trying to unwind from the day's events. Amma brought me a cup of boost milk, despite my protests that I was already full from the food. But as always, 'Amma knows best.' My refusal fell on deaf ears-there was no escaping my daily glass of milk.After the first sip, I stepped out of the kitchen and made my way to my room. No sooner had I settled in than my phone lit up with a notification from Adi.

"What are you up to? Laddu." 😏 -Adi❤️

"Don't call me by that name. I'm warning you." 😠- boo bear😘

"Sorry, Laddu 😜. So, what are you doing now?"-adi❤️

"I'm drinking milk." 🥛-boo bear 😘

"And what if I were there next to you?" 😉 - adi ❤️

"I'd still be drinking milk with Boost." 🍫🥛- boo bear😘

"Dumbo. Good night." 😂 - boo bear😘

"you will face convenience babe 🥵 " - adi ❤️

This fellow has gone crazy by saying this to myself I was busy scrolling my phone. But sudden there was some sound in my balcony but I ignored.

Adishh pov.

Fueled by the playful banter and Adhya's cheeky use of "dumbo," an idea sparked in my mind. It was bold, perhaps a bit mischievous, but the thrill of it was too enticing to ignore. Our guest room balconies were adjacent, a detail of our homes that I was about to use to my advantage. The clock read 10:45 PM, an hour when the world quiets down, but my plan was just about to come to life.

With a silent prayer that her balcony door would be invitingly open, I approached, my heart racing with anticipation. It seemed luck-and perhaps a touch of divine favor for love's daring ventures-was on my side; her door was opened. Taking baby step with oin drop silence steps, I peered through her curtains to find her, lost in her own world, enjoying her Boost and scrolling through her phone.

Gently, almost like a whisper of the night, I slid the curtain aside. She turned, her eyes meeting mine, a mix of surprise and curiosity flickering in them. Before her mind could unravel the sudden twist in her nighttime routine, I made my move. Closing the distance between us with a step, I captured her lips with mine. The kiss, soft yet bold, was a silent declaration, a mix of all the teasing, the playful arguments, and the underlying affection that danced between us. The lingering taste of chocolate from her lower lip was a sweet reminder of the moment's impromptu sweetness.

When she snapped back to reality, she dropped her glass on the floor, and the sound it made was shockingly loud in the still night. I quickly pulled back from our kiss. Almost immediately, we heard her amma's voice from the other side of the door, fraught with concern, "Laddu, open the door. What was that sound?"

In a panicked reflex, she gave me a swift kick, not enough to cause serious pain, but certainly enough to make a point. Given the urgency, she then pointed to the cupboard, signaling a hasty hiding spot. "Are you out of your mind? I'm 6'2"; how do you expect me to fit in there?" I whispered back, incredulity lacing my hushed voice.

"It was your idea to sneak in here; now you deal with it," she hissed, her whisper sharp as she pushed me toward the cupboard.

I rolled my eyes, but complied, turning toward the wall and sliding myself as far into the narrow space as I could. I didn't have time to ponder her reasoning, my attention focused on the task at hand. From my position, I could hear her calm herself, replying to her amma's inquiries. "I just dropped my glass. I'm so clumsy tonight, Amma."

"Stupid girl, look, the milk has spilled even on your blanket and bedspread. Let me change it." To my dismay, I realized I was hiding in the very cupboard where the blankets were kept. I could sense her footsteps approaching the cupboard.

Adhya pov.

"Amma, it's alright. It's just a blanket. I'll change it tomorrow," I protested, my words coming out as a mumble as I struggled to get out of mouth.

"Okay, but don't forget to put them all into the washing machine tomorrow," she instructed before leaving the room. As she exited, I locked the door and headed towards my cupboard, where my naughty cat was hiding.

"You idiot, how could you put yourself into this mess?" I whispered.

"You avoided me and said that I'm not your type, also you called me dumbo. My sweetheart," he whispered in my ears, his lips brushing against my earlobe.

"Just be quiet."

I quickly turned around and grabbed him by his collar.

"Hey, what's your problem?" Adi questioned.

"Shh, let's be quiet. Amma might hear us."

"Then why did you lock the door?" He whispered.

"Because it's the only way to prevent anyone from entering. So, I suggest you keep your mouth shut or else you will be in more trouble."

"But I doubt." He said in husky voice.

"You are annoying."

"Am I now?" He asked, leaning into me again.

"Yes."

I pushed him out of my way. And sat on my bed, trying to think of something that would help us get out of this situation.

"What if you pretend that I'm not here? And then I'll sneak out of your balcony," he suggested, his voice soft and sweet.

I thought for a while and then I said, "Fine, do that, but remember not a word or you will be dead."

"Sure."

He quickly disappeared into the dark and I heard the sliding glass door opening.

"Close the door, idiot," I hissed, as he slipped back inside.

"Don't worry, I didn't get out, yet," he replied.

"Fine. Go to your room and sleep."

"I'm not tired." He stepped closer to me and placed a hand on my cheek.

"Yes, I am," I mumbled, my mind going hazy at his touch.

"No, you're not. You are just sleepy." He leaned forward, his lips grazing mine.

"Shut up and sleep," I said, my voice soft.
He placed his other hand on the other side of my head, caging me between his arms.

"Good night laddu, before you get ready like today think twice." he whispered and left me alone.

I felt my heart beating fast.
Why am I feeling this way? I asked myself, as I lay in bed, thoughts and feelings a jumbled mess.

______________________