Chapter 15 - Skillful Execution

You and Grim sit on Koraidon's back as the Pokémon strides deeper into the cave. Moonstone sits on Koraidon's head, ready to use Reflect at a moment's notice as you go deeper into the cave.

From the faint light from the Umbreon's rings, the gems around you glitter. It's a pretty sight, though slightly creepy.

Grim shrinks back towards you, looking nervous. "Human... are you sure about this?"

You nod with a strained smile. "Yep."

Grim sighs a bit. "Myah... let's get this over with."

Your small groups go deeper into the mine, until you hear the mutterings of the monster. Everyone (except your ears, as they can't really do that) ears perk up. Even Ko's antennas perk up.

You sit up on Koraidon, Grim climbing up onto your shoulders, and Moonstone hops up and stands, readying herself. You take a breath, readying yourself for this as well.

"H- hey, monster! I'm- uh- I- I'm over here!" Grim calls out, waving his paws in the air.

The monster whips towards the voice, ink pouring from the cracks in it's vial-esc head. "Grrraaaawwrrr! BEGOOOOOONE!"

You narrow your eyes and wave a hand. "Right over here, monster! I'm here to steal your gems!" Your voice is sing-song and loud, and you're fairly certain Deuce and Ace can hear it at the moment.

"Grrrurgh? Thieeef thiiisss waaayy toooooo?" Neeevvaaa giiiveee stooooneeesss! NEEEEEVVAAAAAA!" The monster roars as it rushes at you and your group.

Moonstone immediately uses Reflect to deflect the monster's blow as Koraidon spins around and starts running.

You lean forward a bit and remind Koraidon. "Remember, not too quickly. We need to keep the monster chasing after us..."

Koraidon makes a quick nod slows just slightly, allowing the creature to get slightly closer.

"MYAH! HUMAN, IT'S GETTING CLOSER!" Grim yowls a bit as he shrinks back to you.

"That's the plan!" You yell back with a grin.

"Begooooonnee! BEEEGGOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNEEEEEE!"

You bursts out of the cave, the monster a mere few paces behind you. It stays close as Koraidon gets further and futher from the cave, as it seems fixated on getting you and Grim and not realizing it's now out of the cave.

"We got 'em a good distance from the mine!" Grim cheerfully yells out.

You nod and raise a hand. "You three, now's our chance!"

"You bet!" Ace hops out from behind the tree, twirling his pen with a grin. "I got this! One extra-large gust of wind, comin' up!"

With a wave of his wand, a large gust of wind rushes at the monster and spins around it, trapping the being in a harsh vortex of wind. Grim smirks as he hops off your shoulder and darts to the monster.

"With a side of Grim's blazin'-hot fire! MYAAAAH!" He shot a large blue fireball at the tornado. It hit the wall of wind and got dragged in, spreading from the sudden influx of oxygen to form a fire tornado. From inside the firey wind, the monster let out a panicked shriek.

Ace lets out a mocking laugh. "How's that taste?! With my winds fanning them, even Grim's feeble flames can become an inferno!"

Grim gives Ace an indignant look. "Whaddya mean "feeble"!? Ya really don't know how to shut yer mouth, do ya?"

You shake your head. "Not right now, boys! Deuce, Chien-Pao, you're up!"

Deuce nods quickly and takes a deep breath. "Just stay calm, aim carefully, and pull out the biggest, heaviest thing I can think of... Get 'em, cauldron!" With a wave of Deuce's wand, a massive cauldron appears above the monster. Everyone looks up in time to watch as it falls and pins the monster to the floor wirh a heavy thud.