Chapter 14 - Emotions Released and a Plan

"Beegoonnee! Beegoonnee! Beeggooooooonnee!" The creature angrily roars out, lashing out at you and the group facing off against it.

The monster slashes a claw at Ace, but you immediately see it coming and shove the boy out of the way, bracing yourself for the hit. However, Deuce immediately reacts to your reaction and shoves you out of the way.

You barely stay on your feet, caught off by how Deuce immediately saved your oddly durable ass, as said savior gets thrown into the wall.

"Deuce!" You cry out and run over to check on the boy.

Ace- hearing your cry- looks back and sees the blue-haired boy leaning against the rocks weakly. "Aw crap! He's got Loosey-Deucey on the ropes! Not on my watch! Heeyah!"

Ace flings another spell at the monster, which seems to just aggregate it more and send Ace into the wall as well. The orange-haired boy lands on top of Deuce as you facepalm.

"I swear to- CHIEN-PAO! SWORDS DANCE AND THEN USE SACRED SWORD!" The Pokémon nods and follows through, which manages to damage the monster slightly as the Pokémon hits it directly on the vial.

Interesting, while resistant to magic, the creature seems affected by physical attacks...

"MYAAAH! STAY AWAY FROM ME!" You look over to see Grim frantically running at you, as Chien-Pao tussles with the monster.

The cat-monster scurries up your back from where you're crouched on the ground and hops onto your left shoulder, causing Moonstone to move onto the right shoulder.

You blink for a moment, before snapping back to focus and helping Ace and Deuce stand up.

"It's like nothin's even hurting it!" Grim yowls out as you focus on the monster.

"Well, physical attacks seem to, if at least slightly..." You mumble, squinting your eyes. "Hm. There's something behind it." You point with a hand towards a glittering thing in the mineshaft, glittering on it's own and not because of Toto taking pictures with the flash on or Moonstone glowing.

Ace peers over your shoulder and Grim and his eyes light up. "Behind the monster and... other monster?"

"Chien-Pao." You comment and motion for Ace to continue.

"Well... there's something sparkling in the mineshaft!"

Deuce's eyes also light up. "Could that have been a Magestone?"

"GWAAAAAAAHHH! Nooo giiivee yooouu stooooooneeee!" The creature roars out, confirming the idea.

You watch as Chien-Pao is sent flying, and crashes into the wall. It snarls and bounds down and towards your side, waiting for the next command from you.

Grim's claws dig into your shoulder as you wince, and the cat tries yanking you away. "Human! We need to book it, and fast! That things gonna pound us into tuna paste!"

"Okay everyone! I'm unsure what a tuna is, but run away!" You climb onto the waiting Koraidon, dragging Ace and Deuce with you and Chien-Pao bounds after you, obviously wanting healing.

You are going to heal it, but you do need to conserve your potions and such. Even though you have a few hundred thousand healing items...

The group bursts out of the cave as the monster roars, and you flop on Koraidon when they come to a stop.

You were just standing there and were drained by that complete mess...

Grim nervously peers over as Moonstone hops over to perch on Koraidon's head. "That should be far enough, I think?"