Chapter 12 - And More Trouble Comes

You look around frantically, finally seeing Grim at the door to the Mirror Chamber, a smug grin plastered on his face.

"AHAHAHAHA!" He laughs out. "I'll let you two handle the rest! See ya suckers!"

...You're going to punt that cat, you swear to Arceus-

No... no... calm down. Don't punt the cat Y/N...

As much as you want to though... but you're better than that.

Let Chompers punt the cat. The Garchomp would like that.

"You caught me so YOU could run away yourself!?" Ace yells after the escaping Grim in exasperation. "Hey! You there!" He points at Deuce, who was sort of watching this awkwardly as Chompers waits for your order to go after Grim. "Uh... Juice?"

"My name isn't "Juice"!? It's Deuce! With a "D"!" He retorts, looking offended.

"This is partially your responsibility you know! So help us catch that little furball."

Deuce scoffs. "How is this my responsibility!?"

You roll your eyes and lean over to Deuce, making the biggest pleading eyes you can muster.

"I can't use magic and don't want to damage anything in the school... please help us?"

You grin internally when you see Deuce's face turn beet red as he stutters. Oh? Appears he gets flustered easily.

The blank look Ace gives you makes you smile. He knows exactly what you're doing, but doesn't despise it as it's helping you and him catch Grim.

You don't act like this much, except when you were like 6. You have been called pretty cute though...

So... ha! You can use your cuteness to your advantage! Get these guys to listen to your dumbass and you can hopefully get home as soon as possible!

You little genius! Haha!

Oh wait, Grim's still getting away.

...

OH SHIT- GRIM'S GETTING AWAY!

"Ack! Chompers! You two! C'mon! We gotta catch that cat! Arceus dammit, pequeño gato de fuego!" You immediately spin around and run after Grim, Chompers quickly darting after you.

Duece and Ace stare after you for a moment, before realizing you've ran out of the room after Grim and panic for a moment and run after you.

Holy Dialga and Palkia, this little guy is fast!

Ace and Deuce manage to catch up with you quickly, and Ace tries to nab Grim. Though he misses.

Chompers also tries, except he doesn't really have hands so by default he misses. You give the disappointed Pokémon a comforting pat on the back as you four run, which seems to perk up the Garchomp again.

"You better stop right there, furball!" Ace yells after Grim.

Grim looks over his shoulder, a sly grin on his face. "Make me, explodey-head!"

"Then a game of cat and mouse it is!" Ace says with a grin. "Follow me, Juice!"

"His name is Deuce!" You tell Ace exasperatedly. Seriously, it's like he's doing this on purpose.

"How hard is it for you to say my name?" Deuce groans out as you four run after the cat and into the courtyard.

You slow down slightly as Ace, Deuce, and Chompers corner Grim against a tree.

"Ack! I got nowhere to go!" Grim looks around frantically, as his ears pin down.

"One more push and we got this in the bag!" Ace says with a sly smile as he waves his pen at Grim, sending a spell of some kind his way.