la dolce vida

27 weeks pregnant

NINE HOURS LATER, they made it to Livorno. Jo looked out the window as the plane landed, she glanced over at Gisele who had slept the whole flight. The flight attendent announced they were now free to move around and there was a car waiting to take them to their villa.

Jo was surprised, then again she shouldn't have been, she always forgets Gisele is very rich, "A villa?" she stood from her seat, going over to Gisele shaking her a bit, "Hey, Gigi. Wake up."

Her eyes fluttered open, adjusting to the brightness flooding in from the windows of the plane. She was a little disoriented due to it being dark the last time she looked outside, "We're here already?"

"Already? It's been almost ten hours."

"Oh," she held her hands up, wordlessly asking for Jo's help up, "I need you're help getting up."

Jo grabbed hold of Gisele's hands and pulled her to her feet, "I feel like we should have chosen some place closer, like California."

Gisele scoffed, "What's the fun in that?"

"It's not meant for fun. I was thinking more about safety."

"You used to be more fun."

Jo followed behind her to the stairs as they descended them, "I'm still fun."

Once in the car, Gisele pulled out her phone and dialed her sister silently hoping Amelia didn't accept her call, she wanted her sister to enjoy her honeymoon, but not too much though.

It hadn't finished the first ring when she heard her sister's voice, "Hello."

"Hey, we just landed." She groggily said.

"You sound sleepy. Are you feeling okay?"

Gisele leaned against the car window, "Exhausted, I want a bed, and I'm starting to regret this trip already, my feet are like sausages."

She heard Amelia laugh through the phone, "Well, no one told you to travel so close to your due date."

Gisele rolled her eyes, "Whatever, do you know where you are honeymooning?"

"Nope. He wants to go to Mexico but I want Paris, we can't decide."

Gisele figured they wouldn't last, as bad as it sounded, because Owen never lasted long with the women he married. She blamed Owen, the nurses talked and she listened, and if Jackson did to her what he did to Cristina, Gisele wouldn't have just divorced him the next day she would also sue him. So she prayed it ended better between her sister and Owen.

"Love you. I'm going to hung up now."

"Love you, too."

It was a short drive to the villa, and the first thing was flop back onto the couch, her eyes feeling heavy again.

Jo walked over to the double doors, swung them opened and walked onto the balcony, soaking in the breath taking view of the ocean in front of them.

"Ooo, this is so amazing."

"Ver-" a yawn cut her off.

Jo walked back in, choosing to let the fresh ocean air in, "Gigi, you're tired. Just take a nap and we'll get something to eat when you when you wake up."

"Fine."

When she wakes, it takes Gisele a few moments to establish that's she's in Italy and not back in Seattle. Heaving herself up from the couch with a lot of struggle, she looked around to find Jo, when she couldn't she went out to the balcony and spotted her friend sitting out by the pool on a lawn chair, soaking in some sun.