Mylène's doubts.

I watched Azef prepare all the phases of our training while remembering everything he had just told me.

I trust him when he tells me that I should trust him and that he would never hurt me, for sure I trust him.

But what I still find strange is the fact that even he doesn't seem to really know who he really is and why it's so easy for him to wander through this forest.

At least that's what he tries to make me believe, or is it my imagination.

Claude Von Hosten will have to tell me more because wasn't it he who "saved" Azef when he was still a child and took him under his wing?

My father is not really the generous type and well, I understood that well with the little time I spent with him.

The man is not even affectionate towards his own sons and we will not say that it is because Christal, my mother appeared After his marriage with Eléonore.  No, this guy has always been cold with his family, whether it's this Eléonore, mother of these two idiots who serve as my elders, or even the two idiots in question.

I know now that the reason he treated Gabrielle with attention was to disgust the old Mylène with life so that she would not have regrets and therefore would not want to stay in the body of their real daughter so I  .

In short, my father considers Azef far too much for it not to be suspicious... I tensed up before casting a worried look at Azef, my heart trembling with fear.

Azef has hair as dark as my father's and eyes as green as my mother's.  He can change the nature of his energy and can enter and exit the Nightmare Forest as and when he wants...

I clenched my jaw, is that why my father asked me not to touch him?  In this case he would have lied to me and would have known Christal well before Eléonore given that Azef is Karl’s eldest…
Shit, who cares about that it doesn't matter what happened in the past, only the present matters.  And this present wants to make me understand that I fucked my blood brother.

Cold sweat began to cover my body and panic assailed me, my head was spinning and there was now a lump of disgust and shame at the back of my throat that prevented me from breathing normally.

“Mylene?”

I jumped at the sound of Azef's voice and couldn't piece together my thoughts.  It began to torment me, preventing me from regaining my composure.

"A problem ?"

Azef had noticed Mylène's frozen and nervous stature and was a little worried;  maybe she still held a grudge against him?  He didn't want her to hate him, he desperately loved her too much for that so he went to her and tried to talk to her.

When she turned around, her eyes were filled with a panic he couldn't understand... or almost maybe it was the influence of the forest?  She must be more comfortable with this place, that's what he told himself but it looks like he was sadly wrong.

He huffed a little and came to take her in his arms to reassure her but the moment he stretched out his arms towards her, she took a step back, her look this time becoming embarrassed.

“A problem Mylène?  Why are you running away from my contact?  Are you still mad at me?  If that’s the case I ask your forgiveness my dear, I didn’t mean to hurt you by speaking to you like that, or did I scare you with the tales about this forest?”

I swallowed heavily before distancing myself even further, hurting Azef more than necessary.

“Mylene...”

“Azef... are you the illegitimate son of Claude and Christal?”