~The change

*ALINA*
I woke up with a very bad headache. It felt like hangover. But why would I be feeling this? I was in my room, in my own bed, but I was in the club how did I end up here?
And then memories started to hit. Shots. Yes. Not remembering anything other than that, I woke up and saw that there was green tea, some snacks and pain releasers kept in the tray near the lamp.

I was a little confused because who was it? Was it Nivi? I'll ask him later for sure but right now I was so happy to see those things on my lamp because it helped me a lot in my hangover.
After taking a long hot bath, I sat near the mirror staring at myself in the bathrobe, my head was still hurting but it was bearable, after I checked my phone and saw a message from Cal which he sent yesterday.

Cal:- Alina? You reached the hotel?

Huh? If Cal was not the one to drop me, who was? I focused my attention on my home screen. It was a group photo in which Akartya was there too. Our first and maybe last photo together.
Wait- why does it feel like-
Shit.
SHIT.
NO NO NO NO NO.
And with that every memory of what happened last night hit me . Fuck. It's fine. Deep breaths Alina. I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything and shit-. Did I say all of that yesterday? To him? Shit. Realising what mess I have created, I closed my eyes tightly and covered my eyes with my hands.

What he might be thinking about me? Uh. But I really have to say a thank you to him today. After all, I can't run from him forever. Today was the engagement but right now it was the time for breakfast. And I had to thank him for sure. Wait? Did he say "We are not dating"? Why would he say that? He must be lying for sure. But something in his eyes told me that he was not. Alina, today is going to be a hard day for you.

I changed myself into this because I had to cover myself as much as I could so that even if something wrong happens today, I can hide my skin's betrayal

After taking my necessities, I locked the room and headed out.

I went to the garden, I saw everyone and then I saw his deep green eyes wandering and taking me all in. With a deep sign, mentally preparing myself, I walked to him, his friends just left maybe for taking a drink or something, he was standing right now in the shade, and I was there. In front of him.
"Hey I- you-"
Alina, you are embarrassing yourself. He was waiting for me to finish. I signed and finally gathered some courage. He was looking so fine.
Shh Alina. Get back on the track.

"Thank you so much.
I don't know how to thank you, I must have even disturbed you and your girlfriend Rihana so much, I'm-"
And before I could say something else, he  was holding my arm and was taking me to one of the empty corridors? He pinned me to the wall. His body was away from mine just an inch. He was so tall. I was staring in his deep green eyes which were telling a completely different story.

"What are you doing Akar-"
Before I could continue he cut me off

"We are not dating"
He said like last night, with something in his eyes which I couldn't understand.

"Oh? Why are you telling me? Do you think I care?"

"I don't have a habit of repeating things"

"Then make one"
I said with all the courage I had.
And then I noticed his right hand. It seemed like he had punched someone or something for more than 20 times. His knuckles all red.

"Never ever wear that type of a dress again if I'm not around and you have a plan of drinking"
I chuckled.

"Make these rules for your girlfriend"
I said trying to keep my voice steady.
His eyes became more dark. He came near my ears now just half an inch away from touching them.

"Think of you as mine then"
My heartbeat fasten, is he for real? But then suddenly my head had a glitch? So funny, but my head started spinning and I tried to get ahold of anything which I could see which happened to be his arms. He noticed it.

"Why did you drink so much yesterday if you clearly knew that you can't handle it?"

"It's my choice"
He suddenly let me go, held my wrist gently and took me to my room? Why is he doing all this but I was feeling so weak that I didn't really try to do anything and just let him do what he was doing. He made me lay down in my bed. And put a hand in his jeans pocket as if searching something, and huh? He was carrying painkillers? He went to the lamp and came with some biscuits and a glass of water.
He made me eat those and then made me take the pain killer.

"Thank you again"
He just nodded.

"Akartya, everything I said yesterday, it was just because I was drunk, I didn't mean anything"
I said with a fake smile on my face. I'm good with masking after all.
He looked at my eyes and were there tears in my eyes? No I can't let him see me crying. But he was staring at me while sitting on his knees infront of me and before I knew, a single tear slided down my face. I was still smiling. Trying to not let more tears fall. And then he did something unexpected, he wiped my single tear with his rough hands and cupped my face.

"You don't have to hide anything from me, ok? My number has not changed so call me if you want anything or just want to talk. And please if you want to drink again, let me know, so that at least I can take care of you. Now rest"
I was trying to process everything when he stood up. And was about to open the door when he said something very unexpected

"You can talk to me even when you feel like you are alone and not shining. It is ok to not shine when you don't want to."
With that he left and I couldn't believe what just happened.

********
~AN
I hope that you guys are loving ALINA AND AKARTYA's story till now. Do drop your thoughts, I would love to read them.

For more updates and spoilers, check "crystallcoded" on Instagram.