Twenty Two

Minho walked towards the hospital room, slightly bowing as he came across familiar faces of nurses, who just passed him a sympathetic smile.

Taking in a deep breath, he grasped the cold door handle in his hands, taking a moment to gather himself before he entered the room. He felt a lump form in his throat as he hesitantly pushed open the door, but swallowed it in.

As he walked towards the bed surrounded by beeping machines, his eyes were hesitant to look towards the person laying down amidst the gloomy surroundings of the hospital room.

For sixteen years, she had been laying there motionless like a lifeless doll. The doctors had lost hope of her ever coming out of her coma, but Minho didn't. (A\N: It's really rare for anyone to survive a coma for that long but for the plot's sake please ignore it <3)

He couldn't bring himself to say goodbye to his last remaining family.

"Hi mom... How've you been?" Minho whispered, pulling a chair to sit next to the bed. "I'm sorry it took me so long to visit."

He took her motionless hand in his own and gently caressed it. Guilt was crushing him, but he couldn't bring himself to hate Jisung anymore.

"Actually... I had something to confess to you today." He said, letting out a bitter laughter. "You're not gonna be too pleased to know."

Taking in a deep breath and holding back his tears, Minho lifted his mother's hand to his lips and pressed a kiss against it.

"I'm a bad son, mom. A really really bad son." He mumbled, the first trail of tears leaving his eyes. "I... I'm sorry that I let go of my resolve so easily, but I couldn't help it. I'm really sorry mom... I'm really sorry I couldn't avenge you the way you would've wanted. I fell for Han's son."

A silent cry escaped his lips, his hands hastily wiping the tears that just kept on flowing. "I tried to hate him, I really did, but I couldn't. He's... He's too nice, much unlike his father. And I like him, mom. He cares for me like none other. I'm sorry for being such a disappointment..."

He didn't know how many hours he spent there, just muttering apologies to his mom as he cried until no more tears came out his eyes. He regretted everything, but Jisung was too dear to him to be betrayed for the actions of his father.

It was the sound of a notification on his phone that brought him back to reality.

Wiping his tears but not letting go of his mother's hand, he unlocked his phone only to be met with Jisung's message.

H.Js.

Hey, beautiful
I hope you're taking care of yourself
I miss you :(
The house feels empty without you
Patiently waiting for this one week to pass quickly so I can kiss your perfect lips again >.<

A sad smile formed on Minho's lips as he typed a reply. He didn't deserve Jisung's kindness at all.

I miss you too :(
And you take care too alright?
Don't stay up too late

Of course I won't, if that's what my prince wants

After quickly saying goodbye to Jisung, he got up from his seat as he reluctantly let go of his mother's hand.

"I might not visit for a little while due to work, but I'll miss you mom." He said, kissing his mother's forehead.

"I hope... The next time I see you you're awake."

He said that every single time only to be met with disappointment, but that didn't stop him.

"Bye, mom." He said one last time before stepping out of the room.

"Mr Lee... You might want to make a trip to the restroom." A nurse said as he was on his way outside, pointing towards his face. It must be the tear stains, Minho guessed.

With a sigh, Minho thanked her while turning to go to the restroom.

***

"What? How can you suddenly say that?" Jisung snapped as he balled his hands into fists.

"You don't get to tell me what to do, boy." Mr Han said, eyeing his son with a calm look in his eyes.

"Why can't you send someone else?" Jisung objected.

"It's a huge deal. As the leader of Hyacinth it's your duty to secure it. Now don't waste my time and prepare for your travel. I'm giving you two weeks. Settle whatever you want until then." Mr Han said, his voice sending a chill down Jisung's spine. "You maybe the leader in name, foolish boy. But until I'm alive, everything works under me. Be thankful I didn't punish you for your stupidity from last time."

"But 3 months in Paris is a long time-"

"Get out before I lose my temper." Mr Han interrupted him, his voice firm.

With a sigh, Jisung got up from his seat and shut the door with force as he left his father's office.

"Jisung... You good?" Changbin approached cautiously. "What happened?"

"He wants me to go to Paris for three months." Jisung said, running a hand through his hair.

"Three months? For what?"

"To secure an 'important deal', as he said so." Jisung scoffed. "I'll be leaving in two weeks, and it's going to be a discreet meeting so I can't take many people with me."

"But that's so sudden. I don't understand why he would do that." Changbin pondered. "What would he get out of your absence?"

"I don't know... But I have a slight idea about what it might be." Jisung said as his jaw clenched and eyes hardened.

"About what?"

"Minho."

***

Sorry for the late update, but school is barely leaving me with any time.

Also I wanna add that I've made some minor changes in chapter 8 due to Wattpad's new shitty policy so now Minho's age is not mentioned anywhere. I can't change things more than that because I'll have to redo the entire plot, but you guys know so yeah.

Hope you liked this chapter <3