chapter two

Mike

"Thanks man you're a lifesaver." Mike said, pulling cans of beer out of a shopping bag.
"No worries, the convenience store by my house doesn't ID so it's cool." Lucas replied, pulling out a bottle of vodka.

They finished setting up the drinks on the counter and put out some plastic cups

"You alright over there Dustin?" Lucas asked, holding in a laugh at the sight of Dustin Henderson struggling to blow up a balloon.

"You know I told you we don't need balloons right?" Mike said, raising an eyebrow.
"Every. Party. Needs. Balloons." Dustin replied, huffing between each word.

"Okay sure.." Lucas said before turning back to Mike, "Do you know when Will and the girls will be here?"

Just a moment later the door swung open and Max and Jane walked in, arm in arm, Will following close behind.

"What's up fucknuckles?" Max punched Mike in the arm and she walked past him and placed a kiss on Lucas' cheek.
"Haha very funny." Mike said, rolling his eyes and putting his arm around Jane's shoulders.

"So Will, you excited?" Jane asked, turning to face the boy standing next to Mike.
"Yeah I'm sure it's gonna be great." Will replied, smiling at her.

"Obviously I have the best music taste so I've made a playlist for the party." Max said, pulling out her phone and opening Spotify. She passed it over to Will who scrolled through the songs before passing it back to Max.
"I love it thanks!" He said, a small smile on his lips.
"Great because I know you love old music obviously so I had to look at your profile and find the songs that you liked so I could add them on, I added loads of my own but they're all amazing so no need to worry!" Max rambled, grinning at Will.
"It's great Max, really." Will replied.

---

Mike sat on the kitchen counter, a can of beer in his hand, he hadn't kept count of how many he had but he knew it had to be quite a few from the way his vision was kinda blurry and his head was aching. The music was way too loud as well, which really wasn't helping. It felt like his head was pounding to the music.

I'd work very hard, but I'm lazy
I can't take the pressure and it's starting to show
In my heart, you know it pains me
A life of leisure is no life you know

Mike looked down at the can in his hand, he swished the liquid around inside it.

"Mike!!" He heard someone shout from the living room. He stood up and wobbled slightly before regaining his balance and walking out of the kitchen.

He scanned the living room, looking for whoever had called him. His eyes landed on Will, he was dancing with a golden haired girl who was thrashing her head and jumping around, Will was laughing, he held her hands and jumped up and down in time with her.

Oh woah oh, I think you should know
Oh woah oh, I think you should go

Mike felt his stomach twist. I've really gotta slow down on the beer. He thought before turning away.

"Mike!" Someone called again, Mike turned around to see Lucas standing behind him. Lucas put his arm around Mike's shoulders.
"Hey man," He slurred, "So I've been thinking right, about me and Max." Lucas pulled Mike over to the couch and sat down on it, taking Mike down with him.

"So like obviously she's hot, like really, really super gorgeous but I just don't know if I'm feeling it y'know?" Lucas said, putting emphasis on the word it.
"I'm not sure I follow..." Replied Mike, slouching Lucas' arm off of him.
"I think I might break up with her, it's just not really working, we've been arguing so much lately. Do you think I should break up with her?" Lucas asked, turning to face Mike.
"If you want to, it's a big decision." Mike said, he looked around the room, searching for a way to get out.
"Woah. You're so right man." Lucas said, standing up and putting his hand on the back of his neck.