chapter three

Jane

Jane rubbed her eye with her free hand. One minute she had been asleep on her boyfriend's lap and the next she was being pulled upstairs by her best friend.

"Max is everything ok?" She asked, tugging on the redheads hand.
"I can't believe he would do that, I thought everything was going so well." Max said, not looking back.

Max pulled Jane into Mike's sister Nancy's old room and slammed the door.
"I swear he's got actual fucking issues." Max said, throwing herself onto the bed.

"What happened?" Jane asked, walking over to the bed and sitting down next to her friend.
"He broke up with me." Max replied, sitting up and turning her body towards Jane.

"Oh my God Max, I'm so sorry." Jane said, she pulled Max in for a hug. They sat like that for a while, Max crying into Jane's shoulder, Jane stroking her long, fiery hair.

"Fuck him though honestly, he's got to be out of his mind, you're so gorgeous and smart and kind and funny, you're so out of his league." Jane said. Max sat up and looked at Jane for a moment.

"You're right, he doesn't deserve me, he's so annoying and immature, everything was fine. He said we've been arguing too much but we've argued once over the last couple months and it wasn't even a big argument, he just thought I was spending too much time with you," Max replied, taking Jane's hands, "You're so much better than him, he's so immature, of course I want to spend more time around you, you're my best friend."

Jane smiled. "Don't take it to heart."
She could hear people downstairs, still shouting and screaming, the music was still pounding.

It was a bad idea
Calling you up
Was such a bad idea
I'm totally fucked
It was a bad idea
To think I could stop
Was such a bad idea
I can't get enough

"You're so much better than him." Max said before leaning over and kissing Jane. Lightly, giving Jane the opportunity to pull away. Jane sat there for a moment, unsure of what to do before kissing back. Max smiled against her lips, climbing on top of her and pushing her down onto the bed.

They pulled apart for a second. Jane looked up at Max who had an expression on her face. An expression Jane had never seen before. Jane nodded and their lips connected again.

You put your hands under my shirt
Undid my bra and said these words
"Darling you're so pretty, it hurts"
You pushed me up against my wall
Threw my clothes down on the floor
"Darling are you ready for more?"

Max sat up quickly and removed her shirt. Jane sat up and turned around for Max to unzip her dress. Jane spun back around and kissed her again, her hands in her hair.

"You're so much better than him." Max said against her lips.

Authors note:
Teensy little elmax chapter for you guys how crazy hope you enjoyed