chapter four

Will

Will woke up to the worst headache he'd ever experienced. It was like satan himself was throwing a party in his brain.

He looked around the room he was in, it was Mike's room but Mike wasn't there.

Will sat up, as he did so the covers fell off him. He was suddenly very aware that he was shirtless. Weird. He never slept shirtless, he found it too uncomfortable.

Will stood up and picked up a sweater from Mike's floor. He took off his jeans and pulled on a pair of Mike's sweatpants. He rubbed his eyes and made his way downstairs.

Everyone else was already downstairs. Lucas had his arm around Max's waist. Jane stood next to Dustin who was scrolling through something on his phone. Mike was standing next to Lucas and talking to him about something.

"Oh hey Will!" Jane said, smiling at him. Mike looked away from Lucas and his eyes widened, he quickly snapped his head back to the dark skinned boy in front of him. 

"Hi guys." Will said, standing next to her.
"Did everyone have fun last night?" Dustin asked, putting his phone in his back pocket.
"Yeah it was great," Will replied, "I might be wrong, but didn't you and Max break up?" He asked Lucas.

"Well yeah we did but we decided we should stay together, it's for the best." Lucas said, squeezing Max's arm. Jane sucked in a quick breath and looked down at her feet.

"Oh cool." Will said, "I'm just gonna go to the bathroom quickly." He left the living room and walked up the stairs. Why was everyone acting so weird?

Before he could open the door to the bathroom he felt a hand on his shoulder.
"Will." A voice came from behind him.
"Hi Mike." Will said as he turned around. He smiled but Mike didn't smile back.

"I think we should talk about last night, I'm just really confused about it and I don't know how to feel." Mike said, fiddling with the hem of his shirt.
"What happened last night?" Will asked. He couldn't remember anything out of the ordinary.  He had danced with that girl which obviously wasn't especially normal but why would Mike care about that?

"Are you talking about Aleisha?" Will asked.
"Aleisha? Oh yes! Aleisha totally!" Mike said, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a piece of kitchen roll. He passed it to Will. Will unfolded the kitchen roll and read what was written on it.
There was a phone number and underneath it said Aleisha♡.

"Oh. Thanks." Will said, looking up at Mike. "So why did you want to talk about it?"
"Do...Do you like her?" Mike asked.
"She's not really my type." Will replied, smiling at the dark haired boy in front of him.
"So what is your type?" Mike said, biting the inside of his cheek.
"I'm not really sure, I'm not that into blondes." Will replied.

The two boys stood in silence for a moment.
"We should probably go downstairs." Will said, tilting his head.
"Oh yeah right of course." Mike blinked and turned around.

---

Will sat in the back of the car, Mike was in the front driving and Jane was sat next to him. No one was talking, the music was turned up all the way.

Something's happening
Happening to me
All my friends say I'm acting peculiar
Come along, baby
We better make a start
You better make it soon before you break my heart
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere

Will loved Fleetwood Mac but he couldn't concentrate. Everyone had been acting so weird. What possibly could have happened last night?

Can you hear me calling
Out your name
You know that I'm falling
And I don't know what to say
Come along, baby
We better make a start
You better make it soon before you break my heart
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere
Oh, I
I want to be with you everywhere

"Ok this is us." Jane said, unbuckling her seatbelt  and grabbing her bag.
"Thanks Mike!" Will said. Mike just stared forward.
"Yeah thanks." Jane whispered, opening the door and rushing out.

"Did something happen last night?" Will asked and Jane unlocked the door.
"What no nothing happened last night did someone tell you something? Did you see something?" Jane rambled, her cheeks tinged pink.
"Oh, ok." Will replied.
"I'm going upstairs." Jane said, a little louder than necessary. She ran upstairs, not giving Will a chance to respond.

Everyone is acting so weird.

---

Will lay on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He remembered the party being really fun, but everyone was acting so different, as if something bad had happened. If it had why had no one told him?

His airpods were blasting in his ears.

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be
And I don't want to go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breath is your life
And sooner or later, it's over
I just don't wanna miss you tonight
And I don't want to world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand

He thought about Mike. He had looked so good last night. His curls bouncing as he danced. He'd had a massive grin on his face all night. He looked so perfect as he slept with Jane on his lap, like an angel.

Last night they danced together, it had been so much fun. It was one of the last things Will could remember from the night. It had been perfect, Mike's hands on his waist, his arms around Mike's neck.

Things were different this morning, Mike had only talked to him to give him the note from Aleisha and even then he'd been off. He hadn't said goodbye when he dropped Will and Jane off at their house.

He groaned and rolled over, stuffing his face into his pillow.

Authors note:
I feel like this chapter's kinda short idk, it's kinda a filler chapter honestly just allow it