Epilogue

I was amazed when I saw how the knights trained themselves as the warrior of the Luxëmburg empire. I am hiding on a wall while staring at those men swinging their swords in the air for the best control of the weapon.

In my sixteen years of existence inside this Kingdom, my father didn't let me hold a weapon because he said that the King should remain on his throne and let his people do the job. The King should always give a command to his warrior in times of war. Luxëmburg is one of the strongest kingdoms in the whole wide world with lots of allies with a different country. That's why my Father didn't let me use my hands in combat skills instead he trained me to sharpen my mind to become the great King of this kingdom.

But I can't see myself sitting on a throne while staring at my people living their life in peace.

"What are you doing here?"

I flinch when someone speaks behind me and I see a kid who looks the same age as me.

"Who are you?" I asked with my knotted forehead.

This is the first time I have seen him because I am the only child in this kingdom. I didn't have any playmates when I was growing up but Peréz always stuck with me he's not a jolly person so I do not consider him my playmate.

I also didn't get a chance to go outside from the walls because Peréz is always laid on me and I didn't get away from him if I wanted to.

"Just call me Lu." He answered as he slipped his hand into his pocket. He's like a commoner because he's wearing a simple t-shirt, pants, and combat shoes.

'Why do the royal knights allow this commoner inside our kingdom?'

"So, answer my question. What are doing here in a corner hiding yourself from the knight who's busy doing their pieces of training? Did you know that it's forbidden to peek at a knight's training when they are swinging their swords?"

I know that rule but it doesn't mean it could apply to me because I am the King's son and soon to be the King of this empire.

"Did you know that I am a crown prince and soon to be the next King of the throne? That rule doesn't apply to me."

I saw a glint of amusement in his dark orb-dead eyes as he lifted his lips and formed them into a grin.

"Wanna join my organization and build a mafia with me?" He said out of nowhere.

Mafia? What the heck is that thing?

Before I could answer his question. Peréz popped up out of nowhere and when I reverted my gaze to the person I was talking to. He's gone.

'Who was that person?'

Until the day came, I sat on the throne when my father died because of poison. At the age of sixteen, I can feel the pressure and responsibilities put on my shoulders as I look at the faces of the people around me who yell my name and give honor to my family.

I can't do this!

I am not fit to be their King.

I am a useless and cowardly King who always hides in the shadow of my father.

I silently cried in a corner of my room after the ceremony because reality hit me so hard when people screamed my name and called me their King.

"Dad, I don't want this throne. Why did you leave me? I am not capable of being called as their King." I said to myself between my sobs when I heard a voice coming from the terrace that connected to my room.

"If you want to fit on your throne, I can help you."

I raised my head and looked around and I found a silhouette outside of my room so I got up opened the door and faced that person with a teary eye.