Chapter 9

Blissfully happyand in love, Tammy Sue sang her out at the next concert, whichhappened to be in Houston, the very city her aunt lived in.

Tammy Sue had wentto stay with her aunt when her aunt became too ill and Tammy Sueagreed to stay a few weeks so her aunt could recover and get back onher feet. It was during that visit that Tammy Sue met her firstcrush, Tommy Jones, who she experienced her first kiss with. ButTammy Sue dumped Tommy shortly after because she didn't want tocontinue on with a long-distance romance when she went back home toher family in the ghetto of New York.

Tammy Sue was inshock when Tommy noticed her out on a date with Elvis in betweenperformances. They were performing a series of five concerts beforethey left Houston.

"Tammy Sue!"Tommy called out after her.

"Tommy?" TammySue said, when she turned around to see who it was.

Tommy went up togive Tammy Sue a kiss on her cheek before Tammy Sue introduced him toElvis.

"So, I hearyou're a big-time singer now!" Tommy said, congratulating her.

"Yes. I won thechance when I entered a contest Elvis put on."

"Well, I'm happyfor you."

"Thank you."Tammy said, not knowing what to say. "Oh, I'm sorry, Tommy, thisis Elvis Presley. But I'm sure he needs no introduction from me."

"It's nice tomeet you, Mr. Presley." Tommy said in awe. "I've been a big fanof your music for years."

"Well, thankyou, Tommy." Elvis said, politely. "Any friend of Tammy Sue's isa friend of mine."

"Well, it's wasnice chatting with you, Tommy, but as you see, Elvis and I areextremely busy." Tammy Sue said, wanting to get Elvis away fromTommy.

Tammy Sue didn'twant Tommy to know her secret that long ago. That she turned uppregnant and gave the baby up for adoption because an abortion wasdefinitely out of the question. Only Tammy Sue's mother knew thetruth.