Chapter 15

Tammy Sue's mother escorted her youngest daughter from the front yard so Tammy Sue and Elvis could be alone.

Tammy Sue and Elvis sat down on the swing on the front porch to talk.

"Tammy Sue, I know why you left?" Elvis came out and confessed.

"You do?" Tammy Sue gulped, not wanting to tell him about his roadie who accosted her.

"I heard on the news the rumor that everyone thinks you're a gold digger."

"You think I left because of some rumor?"

"Yes."

"Elvis, I have to tell you something." Tammy Sue said, not wanting to tell him about the roadie who accosted her.

"I know. You didn't want people to..." Elvis began, but Tammy Sue didn't let him finish.

"I left because of that roadie."

"My roadie?"

"Yes, he accosted me. He tried to rape me. But I stopped him. Then he said that he was going to tell you." Tammy Sue finally confessed.

"My roadie tried to attack you!" Elvis said angrily, as he figured out that the roadie who walked out was the one who accosted Tammy Sue.

"Well, you don't have to worry about him. He left the band."

"He did?"

"Yes. He didn't like it that I was coming back to get you and walked out."

Tammy Sue hugged Elvis.

"You can come back." Elvis said, hoping she would.

"I'd love to." Tammy Sue said. "But I have some news to tell you."

"What is it?"

"I'm pregnant." Tammy Sue told a flabbergasted but happy Elvis.