Chapter 14

Elvis told his band and roadies that they were heading for Pigeon Hollow to bring back Tammy Sue. A few of the band members were happy, but some were unhappy...due to the rumors that Tammy Sue was a gold digger out to get Elvis' money.

"Can't we just forget about that gold digger!" one roadie questioned Elvis' frame of mind.

"Tammy Sue is not a gold digger." Elvis blasted the roadie. "Tammy Sue is a sweet girl with a great voice. We need her. The band needs her."

"Well, if Tammy Sue comes back, I'm outta here!" the roadie said.

"Well, good riddance. Don't let the door hit you in the behind on your way out!" Elvis said, showing the roadie the door.

"Well," Elvis asked the rest of his band and roadies. "Are the rest of us on board?"

"Hell yes!" the band members yelled in unison. "Bring back Tammy Sue!"

And that's what Elvis did. He got behind the steering wheel to the bus and drove the whole way to Pigeon Hollow to bring back Tammy Sue.

------------------------------------------

Driving through the night, Elvis finally entered the tiny town of Pigeon Hollow...you know the kind of town that if you blink you miss it...

Pigeon Hollow was the kind of town that was small and quaint. The perfect place for a superstar like him to hide out. Elvis knew someday that when he retired, he wanted to come to a small town like Pigeon Hollow to hide out from the public eye. Fame was took a toll on him emotionally and sometimes, it was tiring.

Elvis pulled up in front of Tammy Sue's house and got out to head toward to the front door, but Tammy Sue's sister came out to meet him before he got to the front door when she saw a strange tour bus park outside their home.

"Elvis!" Tammy Sue's little sister cried out.

"Well, hello young lady." Elvis greeted the young girl.

"I can't believe it's really you." Tammy Sue's little sister hugged him.

"Miss, I'm here for Tammy Sue." Elvis said, but Tammy Sue's little sister didn't get to answer as Tammy Sue came out to see what the commotion was.

"Elvis, what are you doing mauling my sister?" Tammy Sue scolded him.

"I came to see you, but your sister intercepted before I got to your front door."

A shocked Tammy Sue could not speak. She just stood there looking at Elvis' beautiful face.