Chapter 11

Tammy Sue planned a romantic dinner for Elvis on the bus and Elvis' band members were so sweet to make other arrangements so she and Elvis could have a romantic dinner on the bus alone. Tammy Sue couldn't wait to tell Elvis her news. She just hoped he would be as excited as she was.

But when Elvis came back to the bus, things didn't go as Tammy Sue had expected. For one thing, Elvis didn't notice the romantic candlelight dinner Tammy Sue had cooked for the two of them.

"Where's my bandmembers?" Elvis asked Tammy Sue. "We need to practice for our next gig."

"They made other arrangements so we could have dinner alone." Tammy Sue told him.

"They can't do that?" Elvis said angrily. "Not tonight of all nights?!"

"Why? What's wrong with tonight?" Tammy Sue asked him.

"Tonight we have to rehearse for tomorrow night's gig." Elvis said irritated.

"Elvis I made dinner for us. I needed time alone with you. I have news to tell you." Tammy Sue explained.

"Well, you're news will have to wait. I need to find my bandmembers and get them back here for rehearsal." Elvis said as he picked up the telephone to try to find where his bandmembers were and get them back to bus for rehearsal, leaving Tammy Sue feeling rejected.

Tammy Sue couldn't believe that Elvis was acting the way he was. Now, she couldn't even tell him the news about the baby she was carrying. Well, if that was the way Elvis wanted it, she wouldn't bother to tell him. In fact, she would just go back home. Obviously Elvis didn't care about her and he wouldn't care about this baby. She would quit the band and go back home and raise the child alone, without Elvis.

Tammy packed a bag and then went to bed to get a good night's sleep before heading back home.