Chapter 12

Tammy Sue boarded the bus for her journey back home. She bid one last good bye to the life she thought she would have.

The bus took off back to Pigeon Hollow, West Virginia. Tammy Sue wiped her tears and put her and on her stomach.

"Well, little one, I may not be rich and famous, but we'll make it just fine back in Pigeon Hollow." Tammy Sue said to her unborn baby...Elvis' baby. "It may be a poor life, but we'll get by."

6 hours later, Tammy Sue's bus arrived in Pigeon Hollow, where her mother was waiting for her at the bus station. Her mother hugged her just as she getting off the bus.

Tammy Sue waited for the bus driver to hand her her bag and she and her mother walked to her mother's car.

The drive home was a quiet one, mostly because Tammy Sue didn't know how to brooch the subject of her pregnancy. How could she tell her family that she would be an unwed mother. Being an unwed mother in Pigeon Hollow was the kiss of death. Everyone kept their distance. Tammy Sue remember the story of one girl, Bobby Sue, who became an unwed mother at the tender age of 15. She ended up homeless and her and her little girl were starving because no one would give an unwed mother a job.

Is that what Tammy Sue's fate would be? Homeless and starving because she wouldn't be able to get a job?

The family was greeting her when her mother pulled into the family driveway happy to see their sister back home.

Rumors flew around Pigeon Hollow that Elvis had beat Tammy Sue and that's why she came back home. Tammy Sue didn't want Elvis' name tarnished by the rumors, but she didn't have the heart to tell her family the truth of why she was back home.

Later that night after Tammy Sue retired to bed after the family had a welcome-home party, Tammy Sue laid in bed and thought about what her life would be now that she would be an unwed mother.

Back on the tour bus, Elvis was in a bad mood after learning that Tammy Sue left the band. He demanded his driver turn the bus around and head to Pigeon Hollow and get Tammy Sue, despite the heavy touring schedule he already had.