Chapter 13

Elvis went onstage and sang, but his heart wasn't in it...and his fans could tell. His performance was dull and uninteresting...not like the Elvis they knew and loved. After finishing his act for the night, Elvis slumped off the stage depressed and moody, even lashing out at his drummer, who was just giving him some much needed advice.

"I don't want to hear it!" Elvis slammed his loyal drummer.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Presley, but I was ju..." his drummer began but got cut off mid-sentence.

Elvis went to his room in the bus and shut himself up. He couldn't take Tammy Sue abandoning him. Elvis flipped on the tiny television—with all Elvis' money, you'd think he could afford a better television set, but Elvis loved his tiny television...it reminded him of where he came from—and got an earful from the news about the rumor that was going around about Tammy Sue.

The media made it seem like Tammy Sue was a gold digger out to claim Elvis' money by getting him to marry him. The news even showed private photos of a private dinner he and Tammy Sue had that appeared to be a proposal.

"No wonder Tammy Sue left." Elvis reasoned. "Tammy Sue must have heard the rumors and made the decision to leave the band.

Well, one thing was for certain...Elvis had to go to Pigeon Hollow and get Tammy Sue to come back...come hell or high water. He needed her in his life.