Chapter 2

When Tammy Sue arrives at the radio station to enter the Elvis contest, she wasn't surprised there would be a long line to wait. . .she just didn't expect it to be over three blocks long. “Oh well, better get in line and wait.” Tammy Sue said to her self.

As she waited patiently in line, she couldn't believe the nerve of some people. Some of the people were yelling and demanding the line speed up. They were even calling the radio station staff names. But Tammy Sue toughed it out and stood there patiently for her turn to audition.

She only had to wait a half an a hour to audition. That's when a gentleman in a dark blue suit came up to her and asked her to step to the front of the line. Tammy Sue could hear the crowd yelling and screaming as she was escorted to the front of the line.

Then the worst happened. . .the angry crowd started throwing anything they could get their hands on at Tammy Sue and the gentleman. That's when the gentleman pulled Tammy Sue quickly inside the radio station and get away from the angry crowd.

When Tammy Sue was safely inside the radio station, the gentleman introduced himself as Colonel Tom Parker, Elvis Presley's manager.

“Colonel Tom Parker?” Tammy Sue said, feeling as if she faint.”

“Yes, I am. And Elvis is right inside with the station.” Colonel Parker tells her.

“What? I didn't know Elvis would be here?” Tammy Sue said, about ready to pass out.”

“Yes, ma'am. He is. That was the surprise for his fans.” Colonel Parker said. “It was a surprise for his fans. Can I get your name?”

“What? Oh, I'm sorry. It's T-T-Tammy Sue.” a nervous Tammy Sue said.

“Great, Tammy Sue. The other surprise is there was never going to be an audition. You see, we were looking a certain type to sing backup with Mr. Presley, and you fit the bill especially. I knew it when I saw you standing patiently in line.”

“What? I'm the one you picked. But you don't even know if I can sing?” Tammy Sue said.

“I'm sure Mr. Presley will be pleased by my choice. Now c'mon before we make him upset. He doesn't like to be held waiting.”

Colonel Tom Parker led Tammy Sue down a long corridor that seemed to take a long time to reach. Tammy Sue couldn't believe she was about to meet Elvis Presley in person.