{Chapter 14} May 14, of 2020

It was the fourteenth of May, 2021. The music club waited for Milly and Jake to arrive so rehearsals could start. "Where are those two trouble makers?" Sean sighed sitting on the table.

"Maybe they're preparing a surprise?" Luke smiled. Zander shook his head.

"Nah, knowing those two they're probably doing something dumb."

"Be nice Zander." Hailey sighed.

Charlotte walked into the room smiling, "Hey guys! I'm really excited to watch."

"Oh hey Charlotte, just waiting on Jake and Milly." Sean gave a warm but welcoming smile to her.

"Yeah." Zander said a little skeptical. Hailey suspiciously eyed the girl but didn't say anything, she felt like something was off about the girl.

The group made small talk with Charlotte saying a few things about how she recently transferred to Rose meadow. About ten minutes later Jake and Milly busted into the room excitedly.

"Took you guys long enough, 15 minutes late." Zander scoffed.

"Sorry Zander me and Jake were planning something!" Milly squealed delightfully as Jake nodded.

"Yeah we-". His eyes looked around the room finally noticing a smirking Charlotte.

"Oh this is Charlotte, she said she was going to watch us preform an about a week ago." Sean smiled noticing Jake looking at her.

Hailey felt a sting of jealousy when she noticed how he just looked at her saying nothing. I mean she was really pretty, ocean blue eyes with beautiful pale brown hair.

"Hey pudding, I missed you." Charlotte cooed.

They all looked surprised hearing her words, turning to Jake who now had a cold and bitter expression. "You two know each other?" Milly asked.

"I wish we didn't." Jake muttered under his breath loud enough for everyone to hear.

"Oh it's in the past, I know you missed me hun." She giggled mischievously walking up to him and taking his hand that quickly swatted away.

"I'm not dealing with this crap today." Jake said storming out.

"Jake!" Hailey called running after him. Charlotte glared at her as she went out of the room.

—————————————————————

"Hey, what's going on? Jake?" Hailey ran up to him and grabbed his wrist.

"Why is she here?" He asked clearly upset. Hailey hesitated,

"Well a while ago she came to the club room while you weren't here. She asked to watch us today. Who is she anyways?"

"Uhm, my ex girlfriend." Jake sighed, his face softened when he turned to her.

"Oh, I'm sorry. What exactly happened with her?"

"She uhm, sorta manipulated me. And also would tell our other friends lies about me, you could ask Daisy for more details." Jake mumbled.

"Hey it's going to be okay, let's just head back to them and talk." Hailey gave a small smile and moved her hand down from his wrist before gently pulling him back to the room.

He didn't object surprisingly, but felt his face heat up. If only she knew, he thought to himself.

—————————————————————

When the two song birds walked back into the room Charlotte ran up and hugged him causing their hands to separate.

"Jake, I'm really sorry. I hope we can be friends, and maybe one day we can have another chance."

Jake looked around the room, clearly she talked with them. He groaned internally, not wanting to see her but she already made an impression on them.

Hailey felt her face scrunch, she didn't like her. She didn't like seeing him with her. "Fine, but we are not getting back together." Jake hesitated, he still was uncomfortable because after the past few days because of what she sent him. He knew she was still a psychopath.

Deep down, he wanted her out of his life permanently. He hated everything that she did to him in the past, and how she was trying to get with him again. He felt disgusted with what she sent him over text, the letter, and the notes.

Charlotte watched as they preformed hiding her anger when she saw how the two singers looked at each other while performing their duet. "Wow! You guys are amazing!" She said gritting her teeth.

"Thanks Charlotte, we're currently working on the song for the upcoming spring festival." Luke said going up to Zander.

"Anyways pudding, how's Daisy?" She turned to Jake who was messing with his duet partner. Hailey frowned as he rolled his eyes in annoyance,

"Better without you around."

"Jake that isn't nice." Sean commented, Jake just let out a scoff.

"Damn boy, you sound like Zander when he's annoyed with you." Milly cackled.

"I'm offended." Zander said dramatically.

"I'm leaving early." Jake said getting his things together.

"I'll come with you." Hailey piped grinning at him before taking his hand and leaving. Jake was a little red at her actions but didn't complain.

Charlotte was glaring at her while everyone said goodbye. "They would be so cute together." Milly said mischievously.

"Agreed, but they're both blind to each other's feelings so I doubt anything would happen anytime soon." Luke said joining the conversation.

"Oh, really?" Charlotte asked while giving a plastic smile, she was mentally thinking about a plan to get Jake back.

"Yeah but they're bound to be together one day." Sean smiled his eyes averting to Zander who just groaned.

"As much as I wish it weren't true, it is."

"That's lovely." She said before saying her goodbye and leaving.