{Chatper 22}

"I can't stand her Daisy." Hailey complained putting her face into her hands. The two girls were hanging out after school, they were both drinking boba at a nearby shop.

Daisy's face scrunched up, "Same, we may not have the same reasons though.

"What do you mean." The teal haired girl asked before taking a sip of her drink. She shrugged and pushed her white hair out of her face before answering,

"Well you don't like her cause she's obviously into your boyfriend while I hate her cause she may or may not have pushed one of my friends off a cliff.-"

"Wait what?!" Hailey yelled slamming her hands on the table. Daisy blinked her eyes rapidly,

"I thought Jake told you? Oh never mind. But Izzy was one of Jake's closer friends in our group outside of school. Charlotte would get really jealous of her when she was dating him."

"Oh..." She mumbled putting down the drink. Daisy sighed, she now felt bad. Maybe Hailey thought she was in danger now.

"Hey, it's okay. You know what we should go visit him. I mean it is Friday and his mom always likes seeing his friends." Daisy stood up before throwing away the empty cup.

"Yeah, let's go."

>><<

"Oh Daisy! Hailey!" Jake's mom opened the door upon hearing the doorbell. She kissed both girls cheeks and let them inside.

"Hi Ms. Sterling." Daisy smiled.

"What a pleasant surprise to see you two. Jake went out to go get groceries for me but he'll be back in about ten." She grinned.

"Oh that's okay, thank you for letting us in." Hailey said, she noticed the strange look on her face.

"So, a little birdie told me you and my son were together."

"Oh yeah. They are together." Daisy smirked nudging her friend playfully.

"Well uhm, yeah I guess." She blushed sheepishly.

>><<

"Shut up Milo." Jake groaned, he was unlocking the door.

"Well it's not my fault you wouldn't buy me some candy." The 12 year old huffed while holding one of the bags of food.

Jake rolled his eyes and opened the door for them. Milo ran in put the bags down and immediately went to his room to play games. "Hm no hi for me I guess?" His mom sighed.

"Oh hi mom-. Hailey? Daisy?" Jake said looking surprised as he put the bags on the counter.

"Hi Jake!" Daisy greeted smiling.

"Hey." Hailey muttered, she was unsure how to feel after Daisy told her that but of information earlier.

"What are you guys doing here?" Jake asked, his mother got up and pinched his cheek before walking off.

"Just to visit and talk." Daisy answered shrugging, Hailey nodded. She was giving a fake smile.

"Are you okay?" Jake asked, Daisy smiled wide. Both could see how fake her smile was. She was glad Jake at least could read his girlfriend's face.

"Yeah why?" Hailey asked. Jake nervously laughed and rubbed the back of his neck. This caused a frown to form on her lips. "She's upset." Jake thought before pulling her into a hug.

"Do we need to talk?" He asked rubbing her back. She nodded just as Daisy spoke.

"Why didn't you tell her about Izzy?"

His face saddened, "Let's just go upstairs. I don't want my mom to get upset."

>><<

"Jake you seriously need to tell her." Daisy said when the trio made it to his room.

"I know, let's just take this slow okay? But seriously Hailey, do not panic." He explained taking her hands. She nodded before the two launched into the story.

>><<

It was an hour later, Hailey was cuddling Jake on his bed while Daisy sat at the end. Everything went okay, but the plan was for Daisy to make sure everyone was safe. "You sure about this flower?" Jake asked stroking Hailey's hair.

"Yeah if she's anything like the way you describe her then you may want to be careful."

Daisy smiled at the couple, "Yes don't worry. She never took a liking to me but I'm sure I'll be okay."