15

DCBS: Chapter 14

Pei Qingyuan was amused by his serious tone. Several streams of light from the shade of the trees flashed in his eyes and his always indifferent face instantly softened.

Pedestrians passed by. Ji Tong pulled Pei Qingyuan’s sleeve confidently and entered the state of a vivid three and a half year old in a second. “Brother, why haven’t you finished eating? We should go to school!”

He had only one minute left of his breakfast time!

“Okay.” Pei Qingyuan stood up and rubbed the soft hair of his head. “See you in the gymnasium tonight.”

He headed to the school with the wind behind him. His treatment after walking through the school gate was very different.

No one dared to openly make fun of him any longer. On the one hand, the school teachers restrained the students in each class. On the other hand, the entire basketball team protected him. A group of tall boys still carried a lot of weight among their classmates.

However, Pei Qingyuan wasn’t sure whether this group of teammates acknowledged him or were captured by his system.

After all, every time he went to training at night, the first sentence he heard was no longer the most common, ‘Go and change clothes’ but ‘When is Tong Tong coming?’

Even Coach Xu had fallen, bringing cute toy ducks and plush bears to work every day that was specially used to coax the child. The glorious image of a middle-aged macho man gradually collapsed.

Pei Qingyuan walked into class and the attitude of the students in the third class was much more normal. Some people took the initiative to greet him while some silently pretended to be dead.

In general, everything was getting better, apart from a certain study committee member who was madly immersed in imagining things every day.

During the class breaks, Lin Zihai would rush over and pretend to be concerned. “Class monitor, there are still ten days to go until the monthly exam. How is your review? Do you want me to highlight the key points for you?”

“……” Pei Qingyuan glanced at him strangely. “Help me mark the wrong questions. Eight and 20?”

These were the two wrong questions on Lin Zihai’s paper that he casually pointed out last time.

“I was purely blind that day!” Lin Zihai immediately frowned. “You were just lucky. If you really enter the examination room, you will have no luck. As a class monitor, you will embarrass Teacher Zhou if your grades are too poor!”

“I was kind enough to help you mark out the key points. You are really ignorant of the hearts of good people…”

Pei Qingyuan listened to him muttering for a long time and slowly turned the pages of the books in his hand. This lasted until Lin Zihai was in a hurry. Then he slowly made an ‘oh’ sound.

Lin Zihai choked up due to his attitude and angrily threw up his hands. Then he walked back to his seat. “Forget it. Just wait for the day the exam results come out to cry!”

Ji Tong couldn’t wait to record his future black history material. “I really want to fast forward to the monthly exam results. Will Lin Zihai cry when the results come out?”

Pei Qingyuan thought about it before answering him quite seriously. “He will cry in anger.”

Ji Tong happily created a new album called ‘Encyclopedia of Black History and Ruthless Words’. Then he parroted, “Just wait for the day the exam results come out to cry!”