48

DCBS: Chapter 48

After the welcome ceremony, Pei Qingyuan found Teacher Qian as soon as possible and brought Ji Tong back.

Qian Hongjia had been completely conquered and felt quite reluctant to let the cat named Mushroom leave. He was no longer worried about whether the cat would run away and no longer mentioned sending him to the pet store outside the school for foster care. Instead, he said carefully, “If you are too busy with class to take care of Mushroom, you can ask me for help.”

“Okay. Thank you, Teacher Qian.”

Pei Qingyuan skillfully hugged the cat and followed the flow of people to walk out of the auditorium.

At lunchtime, everyone talked and walked to the cafeteria. Each student had received a meal card from Chengde with a stored value of 500. This could be freely used in all the stores in the school area.

Pei Qingyuan felt an unusually enthusiastic gaze in the crowd.

He turned around in a slightly confused manner. He saw Xiao Xinchen making faces at Ji Tong in his arms, teasing the cat from a distance. This was until he was forcibly dragged away by a classmate who couldn’t stand it.

Ji Tong actually meowed at him a few times cooperatively and made faces. This made Xiao Xinchen, who frequently turned back and didn’t want to leave, smile in a silly manner.

Pei Qingyuan was very perceptive. “You seem to be very interested in him.”

He noticed that Ji Tong had a cold and arrogant face with the other students who wanted to pet the cat. Even when facing Teacher Qian before, he only reached out lazily and patted the back of Teacher Qian’s hand. This was quite in line with the temperament that a noble, handsome and blue-eyed white cat should have.

It was only when facing Xiao Xinchen that Ji Tong was particularly lively and kind.

It was second only to his state in front of Pei Qingyuan.

Hearing this, the white cat immediately straightened up and rubbed the host’s shoulder with his fleshy paw.

“It is because I think Professor Xiao is very kind and good to the host.” Ji Tong suddenly had a sense of crisis and said decisively, “…Maybe this is what humans call ‘love me and love my dog’.”

Just now, his environment monitoring function had noticed Xiao Xinchen sneaking out to make a phone call. Ji Tong was very curious about this high school student who was half an acquaintance and collected the environment sound a bit. Then he knew the Xiao father and son’s secret.

This was a friendly army so he should naturally be amiable.

Now a new member had been added to the army of sweeping monks. As a glorious sweeping leader, Ji Tong decided to respect the tradition and keep this secret for the time being. He would surprise the host when the lecture activity started tomorrow.

Pei Qingyuan fiddled with the cat’s paw and accepted this answer. He led Ji Tong to a relatively popular Chinese restaurant.

“I will pack up the food from the restaurant and take it back to the dormitory to eat.”

There were several restaurants here with different styles. Exotic dishes were more popular among the students. The students from other schools usually ate Chinese food at their own school. This time, they saw so many varieties and had to go straight to a novel place. In any case, the meal card was issued by Chengde and they didn’t care about how expensive it was.

However, Pei Qingyuan had studied here for two years and felt that the taste of this Chinese restaurant was better. Thus, he decided to let Ji Tong taste this first.