101

DCBS: Chapter 101

Xie Yuchi, who was about to get up and leave, stopped his movements and got straight to the point. “Okay, which competition are you going to participate in? Or are you participating in several?”

“Two,” Pei Qingyuan answered calmly. “The humanoid group in the soccer event and the competition involving bionic materials in the life event. That is why I thought of inviting you.”

Then Ji Tong watched the host and Xie Yuchi talk about professional matters.

No, he still hadn’t figured out what happened.

Why did the host seem to have fully adapted?

Sensing Ji Tong’s blank gaze, Pei Qingyuan inwardly explained to him, “I asked Senior Qiao in advance who had invited him but failed. I wanted to find out what he valued so I made preparations in advance. The conclusion at that time was that there was no commonality and they each have their own outstanding strengths.”

“Now that I think about it, these captains might all be single. Senior Qiao said they are very focused on the game and dedicated.”

“Then why can’t they be single?”

“I don’t know.”

Xie Yuchi always had a cold face but he talked a lot, unlike Pei Qingyuan.

The moment Pei Qingyuan asked him what he thought about the competition, Xie Yuchi immediately talked endlessly. He seemed to have been holding back for a long time.

The image of a cold-faced chatterbox was rather odd but the table finally didn’t look like it was going to fight. The waiter quickly saw the opportunity to run over to deliver the menu.

Ji Tong listened blankly to the conversation between the host and Xie Yuchi. His curiosity grew stronger and stronger and he decided to give full play to his advantages to get closer to this strange senior.

Pei Qingyuan brought a computer to record the various thoughts generated during this meeting and communication. He could also show Xie Yuchi some of the preparations he had done before.

Once a topic ended, Pei Qingyuan revised his original idea on the computer, intending to let Xie Yuchi look at it later. Xie Yuchi, who had been talking for ten minutes without stopping, finally took a break and waited expressionlessly for the soda he had just ordered to be delivered.

He met the shining eyes of his other junior. “Senior Xie, is your sweatshirt a joint model between a foreign fashion brand and a comic?”

Xie Yuchi was stunned. “You know it?”

Ji Tong nodded. “Is it reversible? One side is a print of a black and white comic while the other side is a large orange band with a line of inconspicuous book titles, imitating the binding of that comic when it was first published. I haven’t read the comic but I have heard of this design.”

Of course, the other person didn’t know that Ji Tong had quietly used the search function in his brain.

The theme of this comic was relatively niche and the joint sweater wasn’t very famous. The comic itself had a group of loyal fans and Xie Yuchi was obviously one. It was estimated that he could use this to open up the topic with Xie Yuchi.

Hearing him say this, Xie Yuchi’s eyes softened. “This comic is quite good-looking. You can read it when you have time.”

“Yes,” Ji Tong responded. “The sweatshirt is also cool.”

“I bought several collections. If you read the comic and like it then I’ll give you one.” Xie Yuchi started chattering again. “I suggest you start with the prequel to the publication of the fourth volume. The story will be clearer…”